What are your social anxieties…?

Home Forum Chat Forum What are your social anxieties…?

Viewing 28 posts - 181 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • What are your social anxieties…?
  • grum

Yeah, I do feel self-conscious while doing it, and clumsy, and ridiculous. Which are not feelings I enjoy. How would you suggest I go about getting over it ?

I dunno – just stop worrying about what other people think?

now whenever I take to the dancefloor it’s like Moses parting the Red Sea as everyone stands back to watch me make a c0ck of myself.

Or get some better mates!

What you need is The Right Trousers

Ha ha, brilliant, well done !

IanMunro

See, that’s exactly the problem I have with dancing. You want to dance ? that’s absolutely fine. I don’t, so please leave me alone, I’m the least miserable person you could ever hope to meet but I don’t want to pretend to enjoy dancing and that doesn’t give you the right to make me look stupid and **** up my evening.

Exactly. It’s like friggin jehovah’s witness with rhythm. Just because John Travolta is your lord and master, you don’t need to come over and try and convert me.

I dunno – just stop worrying about what other people think?

Easier said than done I guess.

Maybe you’re on to something ……

grum

Easier said than done I guess.

True dat.

Exactly. It’s like friggin jehovah’s witness with rhythm. Just because John Travolta is your lord and master, you don’t need to come over and try and convert me.

I reckon I’m shit at dancing too, but I don’t care because it’s fun. Once you get used to the idea that you probably look like a bit of a tool quite a lot of the time, but it doesn’t really matter, life becomes a lot more fun.

baby

Has anyone said air-kissing?

Which cheek do I go for?
    How many times?
    How long?
    An actual kiss, or just touch cheeks?
    When we say hello?
    When we say goodbye?
    The Mum as well?
    Is it okay to use tongues?

Too much to think about.

It’s like friggin jehovah’s witness with rhythm

When you say ‘friggin’……

IanMunro

I reckon I’m shit at dancing too, but I don’t care because it’s fun. Once you get used to the idea that you probably look like a bit of a tool quite a lot of the time, but it doesn’t really matter, life becomes a lot more fun.

Yeah but I don’t even like doing it at home without an audience.

Really? My best moves are executed in front of an audience.

everyone dances and sings

There’s a Monty Python sketch in there somewhere, struggling to get out

There’s nothing more embarassing than someone who tries to look cool dancing.

Some of us don’t have to try.

Junkyard

^^^ ๐Ÿ˜€

i am a really poor dancer but who cares so are lots of others up there dancing.
    Like Grum I do enjoy it and think it is a fun thing to do so I have no qualms about dancing. If someone wants to laugh then excellent as that is two of us having fun.
    That said i dont like being dragged up to dance – when I want to dance I will dance thanks

grum – Member

coupled with the assumption that because you’re not dancing there’s something wrong with you.

There is.

Of course not everyone has to dance all the time, and I won’t dance to music that doesn’t make me want to, or if I’m not in the mood, or the atmosphere doesn’t feel right – but having a blanket rule of no dancing ever just means you’re a bit of a miserable bugger IMO.

If they left me alone, happily swigging my beer and people watching I’d be fine. It’s the constant ccoming up to you and trying to get you to dance, or the beckoning at you from the dancefloor that makes the whole thing so damn uncomfortable

They’re all having fun, they can see you’re having a shit time being a miserable bugger, and they want you to come and have fun with them instead. The bastards.

Not sure there’s anything wrong with me, just don’t particulalry like dancing.

You’re also assuming that I never dance. I do sometimes, rarely but sometimes.

That is all.

deadlydarcy – Member

Some of us don’t have to try.

๐Ÿ˜€

natrix

On the bill splitting issue… with my friends we each work out what we owe roughly. Everyone rounds up their rough total to the nearest fiver and you’ve got the bill covered, enough left over for a tip and everyone is happy.

Best way to do it imho………

Immagonna take JY out for a bit of dinner and a bit of dancing next time I’m oop north. ๐Ÿ™‚

jools182

IanMunro – Member
    The only social anxiety I have is other people. Remove them from any social situation and I’m fine.

+1

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Has anyone said air-kissing?

Clearly you don’t get anxious about needing to read the whole thread before making your point…

baby

Nope. That’d be boring.

I’m far more interested in what I have to say.

sweepy

I don’t mind bill splitting as long as everyone is in the same ballpark, but if anyone doesn’t want to thats fine as long as they do the maths. If its obvious that someone is paying more than they should i’ll raise it on their behalf. I’d hate anyone to feel anxious or uncomfortable because they were being forced outside their budget.
    I cant understand why people would expect kids to be exempt though.

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

Leaving my flies undone.

Once, in a garden center at age 15, I stood in the middle of the greenhouse staring into space. A cute girl comes up [Sat. job I guess] and opens her mouth to start talking to me. As she’s doing this she looks down and a look of consternation crosses her face – she turn around and walks away.

Turns out, that if you stand with your hands in your pockets in a warm room with no breeze, it’s impossible to notice that both your jeans and boxxer flies are open due to the humidity etc. ๐Ÿ˜†

EDIT – oh and rounds. It’s stupid – why does everyone need to buy drinks at the same time? Why does, for example the guy who doesn’t drink much has to buy rounds for those that do? What if some asshat [me] is very keen on, for example Amaretto or Ouzo and wants doubles – usually costing far more that a pint of piss lager?

Buy your own drinks whenever you want. Perhaps buy the person you came with one. Why complicate matters?

And a new wife !

Junkyard

Immagonna take JY out for a bit of dinner and a bit of dancing next time I’m oop north.

I know just the right club for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hold on a minute how we paying for dinner ๐Ÿ˜›

Hold on a minute how we paying for dinner

If it’s that club, I’m paying. ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon huckleberryfatt
    Subscriber

Dancingโ€”especially at interviews

Junkyard

๐Ÿ˜†

You win

Turns out, that if you stand with your hands in your pockets in a warm room with no breeze, it’s impossible to notice that both your jeans and boxxer flies are open due to the humidity etc.

At least it was a warm day….

Viewing 28 posts - 181 through 208 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘What are your social anxieties…?’ is closed to new replies.