Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)
  • What are your regrets in life ?
  • hora
    Free Member

Grum -its a wee bit lively riding it.

waveydavey
    Free Member

If you have no regrets, then you haven’t lived.

wool

None. keep looking forward hind sight is always 20-20 vision, just to push on and be happy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

26th Septemer 1993.

Was invited to a party at a friends house.

Met this wonderful girl:
    Very cute, very funny, intelligent, successful (designer for Nike), lovely smile etc.
    We chatted for ages and found out we had absolutely loads in common.
    We like the same books and music, we just seemed to click.
    Anyway, about 10.30 the host came round with a tray of choccy brownies. The wonderful girl I’d been chatting to said she wasn’t hungry and she declined her brownie, but said that I could have hers, as well as having my own.
    Not wanting to appear greedy, I turned down her brownie.

I still think about that brownie now.

edlong
    Free Member

Not pursuing the idea I had in 2003 for a free video hosting website.

I believe the founders of YouTube (founded 2005) got $800m for it when they sold out.

Oh, and Anya. She deserved better than that.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Not learning from the past and making the same mistakes again.

Losidan
    Free Member

Selling our house 18 months ago. We took way too low a price to get a sale because of a silly grass is greener on the other side thought and not taking the long view. Now we are stuck in rented accomodation with no hope of a deposit for a new home.

Before that spending the first ten years frittering away my wage and not investing enough in the house.

I quite often feel I am further back now than when me and the mrs started out in our first home 12 years ago.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

All the things I wanted to do, but didn’t
    None of the things I did, even the ones that didn’t work out

It is a cliche, but when I really think about , I have done many things which ended up being bad decisions or choices but the only ones I regret are the ones I just didn’t act on at all. The things I considered doing but didn’t are what I regret because I’ll never know how they would have turned out. Where as the decisions I made and followed through that then went wrong… I know what the outcome was and I can live with those choices, I don’t regret them.

prawny

heisenberg – Member
    ..should have remain teaching chemistry

😆

I’m in the same boat as loads of others. I’ve got regrets, but I wouldn’t change anything.
    As it is I’ve got no money and a career that I hate and can’t see any way out of. But I’ve got two mental, fantastic kids that make everything all right, a best friend for a wife and a roof over my head.

Happy days.

prawny

@Rusty you owe me a keyboard 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

A few have regretted not joining the Forces, which I did at 17 and stayed for over seven years.

Yes I recall a lot of it with fond memories, but can still recall the despair at the shortage of money, lack of women and utter boredom…..at times!

Regrets….I have a few, too few to mention!

noteeth
    Free Member

I wish I’d stayed in for a quiet night on the evening of march 13th 1998. What happened set in train a whole bunch of sh1te, culminating in stuff it took me a very long time to deal with.

That said, I’m not a great believer in regret – life’s too fugging short – although Wrecker’s example perfectly captures the discomfort of what it means to be older & wiser, looking back at one’s younger self. But you can only allow that younger self the choices as they saw ’em…. and needless to say, you learn (& probably learn the most) from your mistakes.

Whatever happened in the past brought me to the point where I am today, and that’s enough.

Rockape63
    Free Member

life is PAIN and SUFFERING, once you recognise this you will find the happiness and joy inbetween. Yoda, Star Wars.

Surely he didn’t say it in that order??

wrightyson
    Free Member

18 yrs old and not climbing in the podium at bcm’s to “dance” with that super hot girl when id actually been asked too. Bottled it big time!
    And spending my 20’s without a bike

project
    Free Member

What are your regrets in life ?

Suferin from dixleksear and not bein able to spel properle and som of the kys not working on keyboard 😳

plyphon
    Free Member

Thread is eye opening. Good work STW.

My only current regret is going into a 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday job straight from Uni. I’m too young for this, 23 years old and only having two days a week to enjoy my life. **** that, this isn’t a way to live.

Luckily, I have a 3 month trip to Australia and NZ booked which is bringing an end to the two years of the weekly grind. When (If) I return I am going to source alternative income.

EDIT: I do also kind of wish I kept on studying physics after college. Alas my 18 year old self was more curious of the arts. And whilst the arts still entertains me, I find myself researching the sciences just as much. It’s easier to imagine the sciences would of taken me to a more interesting path than I’m on currently – but I wouldn’t of met many friends (and my girlfriend) without the arts, so swings and roundabouts init.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Cathy Robertson
    After googling

+1 😯

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

A few ‘regrets’, mostly based around attractive women and my complete lack of ability to recognise a come-on. Sorry Ellie and Jenny, especially. Actually, more to the point – sorry PMJ!

Saying some unnecessarily harsh stuff to an ex when we split up. She’s just got married and I genuinely wish her all the best.

Another forces story here, but not so much a regret – I’d probably (hopefully?) be in or have done a stint if my body would allow it.

But otherwise I don’t wish to think of ‘what-ifs’ – it’s a path to madness, I tell thee.

lcj

Choosing the wrong degree, then taking a job using that degree because it was an attractive carrot dangled in front of a naive student, then staying in that career despite having quit it once to get out and do something different. Getting nervous at being unemployed and jumping back in at the first offer.

I’m trying to get out again now…

yossarian
    Free Member

Never being the hundredth poster

jonnyrobertson

Hmmm, I was at a karting event, the overall winner of which got a full season’s drive in the U.K Prokart Championship and the winners of the other heats joined them for the Prokart version of the LeMans 24hrs. I was well in the lead of my heat when coming to lap this guy I for some reason decided to dive down the inside kamikaze style rather than take my time and pick him off. Dunno why I felt the need to do it as my lead was big but I did it and he didn’t see me and took me out. All I had to do was hang back a bit and I’d have at least got to go and play karts in France.

Maybe the odd regret in my love life but I guess everything that’s happened so far (including my karting brainfart) has put me where I am now and I wouldn’t change any of what I’ve got going on or who is in my life.

bearnecessities

3 years ago and pulling up at a set of lights around 9pm; three lasses in early 20’s at a guess and nice looking, pulled up next to me.

My window was already down; passenger in other car wound hers down:

Her:”Are you single?”
    Me: “Um, yes”
    Her:”Follow us”

I didn’t….WHY???!!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Regrets, probably loads of them, my life now has a limited amount of happiness with my wife as she is terminally ill, we now live for now, refuse to focus on past failures and fully focus on bringing up my son in the best way we possibly can until it’s left to me, then with inner strength and some great friends I know I should be more than capable of keeping him on the right route so his mother would be proud.

bearnecessities

Humbling David, and an wonderful approach. Manly back-slapping/hug thing.

Best wishes to all.

noteeth
    Free Member

we now live for now

It’s all there is, and all we have.

All the best to you & your family, Candodavid.

anagallis_arvensis

Should have talked to my brother about his drinking. Should have talked to him about a lot of things……

wiggles
    Free Member

Seems silly and irrelevant after candodavid’s post…

But my only regret is coming 2nd in an application process for a job where I would have had a degree paid for and be on twice as much money as I am n, already met the mrs etc so didn’t really change anything but think us and the kids would have a much easier life if I did

WaywardRider
    Free Member

Coercing my wife into 2 abortions- we were young and without money. 25 years and 2 kids later she still hasn’t forgiven me. I haven’t forgiven myself. We still talks about what it would have been like with 4 kids.

Funny thing is I now have more than enough money and live in a big house empty of kids – they’ve both left home now. Now they’ve gone I feel there’s no focus in life anymore. Yeah I know, nows the time to do all that stuff I always wanted to but couldnt because of the family. I’d rather have kids running around the house. If you’ve got em make the most of them…

munkyboy
    Free Member

Computer games. A serious waste of your life and barely a significant achievement. Still got the moves on tomb raider though.

stcolin
    Free Member

Where to start…

– Racking up £25k of debt with 4 1/2 years left to pay it off.
    – Not being able to handle and cope with my depression over the last 6 years
    – Taking a break from riding bikes between 13 and 26
    – Failing college 3 times in a row. Getting an interview for a different engineering job is pretty much out of the window
    – I’m sure there are many others

bearnecessities

Wow. Can I now apologise for my 3 girls post; seems hugely irrelevant now 🙁

richmars

Mine’s pretty minor compered to some, but I wished I had learnt to play a musical instrument.

chilled76
    Free Member

Starting a thread on here a few days ago about a 911 conspiracy theory 😆

On a serious answer…

Not spending a season in Canada or France on the DH bike before I chose marriage career and big mortgage.

hora
    Free Member

Afrika Bambataa was a good band dude. DJ? Maybe one of the members?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Regret going to university rather than getting an engineering apprenticeship.

Now work with great colleagues who are not appreciated for the work they do under management who are clowns, for a company at the centre of this website, who have really lost the plot in the last few years.

But as David and some other guys highlight, nothing really matters but your health and that of your loved ones.

rewski
    Free Member

@ hora: Not a band, a DJ and band leader, his band was called soul sonic force, the track in your link was a track called unity that he did with James brown. He’s one of the godfathers of hip hop.

hora
    Free Member

Ah! Always loved this tune too 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wayward that seems a very hard view of yourself. I’m sure you both had nothing but the right intentions at the time. Grand kids will soon be terrorising your every move no doubt, enjoy the peace for now.

piemonster

Starting a thread on here a few days ago about a 911 conspiracy theory

😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

😆 ^^

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What are your regrets in life ?’ is closed to new replies.