Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • What are your regrets in life ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

We all have them big or small…

Mine and from time to time do beat myself up over it this being one of them days !

Drugs and far to many in the early 90’s for 10 or so years…yes had some great times but wasted so much time…and probably caused some bad sh! t that’s gonna happen to me in years to come ! (brains already fried )

What are yours… ?

kimbers

not enough drugs in the 90s!
    Im a parent now so gotta be responsible

joeelston
    Free Member

I think you can only regret the things you knew at the time was going to be the wrong choice. Giving up my ‘single’ status’ and getting engaged! I knew at the time I was making a mistake.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

live life to have no regrets, but your right it always deals a few.

I regret not finishing the 1999 grand raid cristalp but for me the main regret is living in london, which needs must, keeps me away from the mountains.

Northwind

I wish that rather than just taking the first job I could after uni (because of financial disasters) I’d shopped around. And also, I wish I’d not stuck that job for so long- 10 years in the wrong industry, basically. Not disasterous but it took a lot to get out.

And every girl I ever liked that never knew.

scotroutes

Cathy Robertson

jamj1974

Debating stuff on here. I’m giving it up.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Not taking Economics for GCSE

andyha
    Free Member

Not getting in on a Nigerian timeshare apartment offer…

marcus7
    Free Member

not setting up on my own before now, never going to be a wage slave again…… Other than that it’s all good….

bencooper
    Free Member

I sometimes wonder what life would be like if I’d made different decisions. However I have a job I love and a happy family – I regret nothing.

66deg
    Free Member

Not being sure if the trail has come alive or not.

yunki
    Free Member

I frittered away upwards of £50k in the pub etc when what I really wanted to have done was get myself a nice live-in vehicle and hit the road with boundless youthful vigour and a head full of idealistic notions..

I can’t envision me getting that chance again

It’s not something I ever really think about though.. I’m a bit Edith Piaf on this one

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

every step leads to where you are now, so unless you are truly deeply unhappy, whats the point in regrets?

DezB
    Free Member

I dunno why this still bugs me, but when I was 18, my then girlfriend got flashed at by a bloke on her train home from college. She knew he did the journey regularly, so I arranged to meet her train and kick the shit out of the flasher once they’d left the station. I got to the station too early, thought I’d missed the train and walked/ran the 5 miles back home looking for her. Turned out the train was late and he flashed her again. All I needed to do was ask someone at the station if the train had come in. Argh! A weird regret I know, but I was so annoyed!

Other regrets are too big to go into on here!

emsz
    Free Member

Trying not to regret, but…

Not going out with first “gf” she was proper selfish and it got nasty, heaps of fallout from that which hurt a lot of people that love me, and I should’ve been less selfish. Not drinking quite so much, and being a bit of a doormat for my Ex.

philconsequence
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

Not losing weight before I went to uni.

Houns

The only regret I have is calling up the RAF careers office 2 days before I was due to start training at Cranwell to say I didn’t want to join.

All because of a girl.

I was 24, it was (still is) my dream job and god knows where it would’ve taken me in my life or what I’d be doing now

And yes, when we did split up 6 months later the careers office laughed at me down the phone and told me in no uncertain terms that I was not welcome back to reapply. Don’t blame them really

Still see the job advertised now, however due to health problems in the past I wouldn’t make it past the paper sift now 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention

sorry, someone had to do it 😉

no regrets

weeksy

MArrying my first wife when I knew it was a mistake.

Giving up motorbike racing instead of carrying on.

Selling 2 of my Ducatis.

Not having my son earlier in life I guess…. but circumstances dictated that one.

lunge

Turning down Elaine at uni, great girl, I completely missed the signals and turning down the opportunity to pop over for a beer after work. Schoolboy error.

Staying with another girl just after uni despite knowing full well it was going nowhere and neither of us were happy. 4 years wasted on that little escapade.

rewski
    Free Member

Turned down an opportunity to dj at a private party at the hacienda, what an idiot 🙁

Mackem

Just one – didnt take a job in San Francisco that I was offered.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And every girl I ever liked that never knew.

more Every one that liked me but I never knew…

Aside from that not thrashing my S-works enduro into the ground so it snapped within the 5 year warranty period.
    Going to Oz 6 months early – lost out on some pension contributions and potentially a job offer with full time and relocation on it
    Screwing up Uni – though I’m glad I did
    Not buying a house in 97 and being priced out of the housing market for probably 20 years

jekkyl

Not getting back into biking earlier in life. I was single and lived alone for 2 years in my mid 20s, had a reasonable job and spare dosh, what did I do with my time? smoked too much weed, chat up women on msn chat and play video games. Half Life, CS and Team Fortress. I was in clans and played every night and weekend until the wee hours. I could have been biking up the lakes every weekend with holidays in scotland and the alps, all over. Now with a wife and family I have to beg & borrow weekends away with the bike. Never mind.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I frittered away upwards of £50k in the pub

Must’ve been a good night.

fasthaggis

Being horrible to Linda.

Sorry Linda .

dannybgoode

Rewski – ouch.

On a similar vein I was in a club in Leeds, great company and all but it was pretty mediocre hard house. Put up with it though as I was with friends but on the way out I took a look at who had been playing in the basement. 6 hour Afrika Bambaata set – missed it all. Bollocks!

As for real regrets – only one really. Running up such large debts. They’re manageable but mean that Mrs Danny had to go back to work for more hours than she wanted and we can’t move house until they’re clear.

Cheers

Danny B

piemonster

scotroutes – Member
    Cathy Robertson

After googling 😯

hora
    Free Member

6 hour Afrika Bambaata set

They were an awesome band weren’t they?

Kryton57

a) A 30 year gap in road riding, I think I’m better at that than MTB, think where I could have been…

b) My piss poor constitution which means I can’t get motivated to be cycling in the cold/wet.

ahwiles
    Free Member

my career – i chose badly, very badly.

dannybgoode

@hora – I don’t know whether you are taking the p**s or do not know who Afrika Bambaata is.

Just in case he is, as far as DJ’s go, one of the true legends – one of the very first to link two turntables together to scratch and mix…

Don’t think I’ll get another chance to see him…

Kryton57

dannybgoode – Member

As for real regrets – only one really. Running up such large debts. They’re manageable but mean that Mrs Danny had to go back to work for more hours than she wanted and we can’t move house until they’re clear.

Not just me then, £40k in the hole at 29 (I’m now 41). A combo of attempting to manage a mortgage/rental myself, paying off the ex, and at the same time as enjoying myself in Clapham/Brixton on C cards 4 times a week. Luckily in my case I sold said house which cleared most of it – in the same year I met Mrs K.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahhh Nicola, beautiful Girl Nichola.

Frittered away that one I did 🙄

SaxonRider

In the last five years that I lived in Canada, I totally took the ice and snow for granted, and never once thought of lacing on some skates and going down to the local outdoor rink. 10 years since, and I now have to PAY to take my kids skating!

To have grown up skating on rivers and lakes, and being able to simply walk to the hill at the edge of our neighbourhood with a snowboard over the shoulder, to spend as long as we wanted going up and down the hill, I really miss it all now.

warton
    Free Member

not working at school…

leads to not going to Uni until i was 28…

leads to pissing about in my twenties, spending a lot of money (inheritance) on booze, cocaine and associated crap

but, if I hadn’t done the above, i wouldn’t have met my wife, and I wouldn’t have two beautiful boys. So, regrets? None 🙂

beaker2135

All the things I wanted to do, but didn’t
    None of the things I did, even the ones that didn’t work out

LoCo
    Free Member

Not moving in with the 6 Swedish girls in the second year of uni

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What are your regrets in life ?’ is closed to new replies.