What are your major weaknesses?

Home Forum Chat Forum What are your major weaknesses?

Viewing 20 posts - 46 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • What are your major weaknesses?
  • Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

footflaps – Member
    Viscous exercise, but really separates the men from the boys as you can’t cheat.

Weakness – Spelling? 😉

mrbelowski

Weaknesses – committing to drop-offs & jumps, staying relaxed in the air
    Actions to overcome – taking time to plan approaches and landings, working on technique, building up to larger jumps / drops

The best thing about being a self employed contractor is not having to deal with this bullshit any more

Premier Icon 10
    Subscriber

Cake, biscuits and having to work with anyone I perceive to be less intelligent than me.

Marry a sugar momma

It is interesting though isn’t it? That kind of question should be your employer saying “hey let me help you develop your skills” and thus a precious and valued question.

Yet its often than not seen as a bunch of HR nonsense. Not trolling, just curious why that’s happened?

TM

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Quite right, it should be an employer offering the employee the opportunity and encouragement to increase their skills. If they don’t want to (e.g. they want to carry on doing their current job) they shouldn’t have to. I’m pretty sure that was the perceived wisdom when years ago the company I worked for investigated the “Investors in People” programme.

Unforunately these appraisals seem to have become tied up in the business of determining performance and awarding bonuses.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Quite right, it should be an employer offering the employee the opportunity and encouragement to increase their skills. If they don’t want to (e.g. they want to carry on doing their current job) they shouldn’t have to. I’m pretty sure that was the perceived wisdom when years ago the company I worked for investigated the “Investors in People” programme.

It’s all wrapped up in process, so if you fill anything in and then can’t prove you’ve done something about it at the end of year appraisal, you’ll end up being penalised. So it’s just an opportunity to catch yourself out. The best answer is nothing.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Not necessarily that easy. We have a number of development objectives assigned from on high and have to dream up one or two of our own.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

It is interesting though isn’t it? That kind of question should be your employer saying “hey let me help you develop your skills” and thus a precious and valued question.

Yet its often than not seen as a bunch of HR nonsense. Not trolling, just curious why that’s happened?

See my post above. I seem to have landed with a bunch of reasonably enlightened HR people – lead by quite a visionary guy – and there seems to be a genuine desire to help people.

Those who use this stuff in a negative way are the middle management, who are under pressure to use weaknesses as a means of bonus/pay review reduction.

So, as always, you sort of have to put your hand up for this stuff and get as much out of it as you can. Anyway, who doesn’t like a free two day, full expensed jolly learning soft skills?

That’s it, the STW IT crowd.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Just catching up and no one has mentioned quick-lime use in the solutions section which is poor for an IT bunch. (Old carpet and shovels would also have been acceptable).

geologist

Left Tricep

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Kryptonite

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Yep mostly stupid answers but I guess you would expect that.

Personally I’d pick 2-3 things that either had to be outsourced or opportunities lost in the last 12 months that you could have done with some more training etc. at a saving or increased revenue to the business. That would be your training, improvement and business case there.

Anyone who can’t think of areas of their work that could be improved on is obviously perfect and deserves to remain stagnant at work for the next 5 years bitching about how HR and management are useless and show no interest in the staff, and why does x or y always get to go on those courses.

sbob

I’m a slave to every urge.
    Other than that I’m pretty well behaved.

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

a 50% skivving ratio.

Personally I see this type of question as a slight on management, basically saying, we haven’t a scooby, gonny tell us how to do our jobs.

mikertroid

Weakness – low Salary : Talent ratio.

Solution – increase Salary : Talent ratio.

mightymule

Weakness: Low tolerance to being near people who I hold in utter contempt.

Solution: Removal of Head of Department

Weakness: easily distrac..
    Solution: squirrel!

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

I am a colossal pervert. animal, vegetable, or mineral I’ll do anything TO anything.

Which is both a strength and a weakness.

TheBrick

Fast cars and loose woman.
    Poor tolerance of bullshit.

Viewing 20 posts - 46 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘What are your major weaknesses?’ is closed to new replies.