Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • what are your favourite movies that not a lot of people have heard of?
  • nbt

tails – Member

just in case anyone knows it, years ago i saw a film in french (subtitled) about this guy who goes around murdering people,

Man bites dog, as mentioned above? As I said, I only watched it once and it affected me so much I've never had the courage to watch it again!

tails
    Free Member

Man bites dog, as mentioned above? As I said, I only watched it once and it affected me so much I've never had the courage to watch it again!

Could be, but it certainly wouldn't affect someone that much in fact it was kinda funny.

tails
    Free Member

yeah that sounds like the one. That is a good film and hardly graphic compared to irreversible, thats horrible.

nbt

From what I recall, it wasn;t graphics at all, it was the mindset that got to me. I will dig it out again and watch it when I get chance

RustySpanner

+1 for 2 Lane Blacktop and the Three Colours trilogy.

Old black and white horror films 'Dead of Night' and 'Halfway House'.

'Dead Letter Office', Aussie film with Miranda Otto as the lead.

'Green for Danger' with Alastair Sim.

'Breaker Morant' with Edward Woodward.

'Wings of Desire', Wim Wenders' brilliant original version of City Of Angels – infinitely better.

Anything with Stan and Ollie, although 'Towed in a Hole' is a particular favourite.

MrAgreeable

Carnival of Souls

Oh yes. Great performances, lovely spooky music. Reminds me of the 60s Twilight Zone series but has aged a lot better. I'll bet that M. Night Shitehawk bloke has seen it too.

I really like the films I've seen by Alejandro Jodorowsky, particularly El Topo. They're as surreal and funny as anything by Terry Gilliam but quite a bit more nightmarish. El Topo is a completely demented Spaghetti Western that suddenly morphs into a religious parable.

Terrydactyl

If

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Man Bites Dog for me too. Funny, but very very grim. I remember watching it in the piccies at about the same time Reservoir Dogs was out. It made Reservoir Dogs look quite tame.

That is a good film and hardly graphic compared to irreversible

I seem to remember the rape and mutilation scene being graphic enough thank you very much. Perhaps I should steer clear of Irreversible.

kiwijohn

Goodbye Pork Pie
    Battletruck
    Quiet Earth
    Cherry 2000
    Running on Empty (Australian)
    Mad Max
    Le Dernier Combat (very weird early Luc Besson)
    Twin Town

+1 for:
    Zatoichi
    Subway
    Hardware (though I thought it was Cyborg)
    Brazil
    A boy & his dog
    Bad Taste

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘what are your favourite movies that not a lot of people have heard of?’ is closed to new replies.