Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • What are you good at?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I am genuinely pretty rubbish at most things, or at best very average. Mate seems to think most people are good at at least one thing. I disagree (based on myself).

What are you good at?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Writing crappy remarks

bol

Not a lot. Jack of some trades. Seen me alright so far, but always prepared to be found out.

ourmaninthenorth

i’d say cynicism, but you lot would only take it the wrong way….

wiggles
    Free Member

I feel the same as the OP, never been actually good at anything just OK at everything really. Be that academics, music talent, sports etc

I’m remarkably average.

MrOvershoot

I’m told I am very good at engineering out defects in machines, but due to my self critical nature I still find fault with my work.
    I’m not very good at switching off though :/

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I can play computer games for a really really long time without getting bored. And I’m good at speaking different languages and sounding pretty native. And spend hours on trying to solve mundane and work related problems. Crap at most other things.

edward2000
    Free Member

I am absolutely fantastic at being myself

Waderider
    Free Member

Understanding how things work. And contributing to their working………..

Nothing like blowing yer own trumpet!

maccruiskeen

Well you wouldn’t want to blow someone else’s trumpet – you don’t know where its been

andeh

I’m **** amazing at being modest.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sarcasm

great thread by the way..

wiggles
    Free Member

This thread has the perfect real answer :sarcastic comment ratio

bruk

Prevaricati. Oh bugger it I will finish it later.

somafunk

I’m pretty good at staying alive, despite a few medical/injury hiccups along the way that have been touch n’ go i’ve managed to last 41 yrs so far on this earth.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seeing the problem and solving it, seeing beyond the detail and to the reasons, root cause analysis and some good BS

I can also be quite good at saying it like it is

mboy
    Free Member

Everyone is good at something.

If you genuinely don’t believe it, then you’re very good at being modest, whilst you’re simultaneously terrible at singing your own praises.

I’d say there’s a number of things I’m above average at, a handful of things I’m actually quite good at, and perhaps one or two I’m actually very skilled at. Sadly, the one or two things aren’t likely to make me rich or famous any time soon unless a huge amount of luck is also involved.

I also make up for being good, or above average in something’s by being woefully terrible at many others! Sometimes I would gladly give things up just to be a bit better at getting up in the morning (exceptionally bad at this!), be a little bit more organised, or less of a scatterbrain for instance… And that’s just for a start!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

fixing things without the proper parts. im not as good at it as my dad though

edit; i would like to say im good at stonework but having spent a week recently, replacing arches with my old mentor, i know i still have a long way to go 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m good at finding simple solutions to problems, quickly.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I am very good at seeming busy.

Drac

Boiling rice.

Cooking steak.

Making Omelettes.

I’m also a pretty good shot wit a gun but not done that in ages so maybe lost that.

deviant
    Free Member

Good at staying calm, been told i’m nearly horizontal i’m so laid back…together with a dark sense of humour it makes my job as a paramedic about as much fun as that kind of thing can be, it’s helped in the odd crisis outside of work too.

Bregante

I excel at dealing with large amounts of conflicting information and reading between the lines to establish the most likely scenarios and determining the most appropriate course of action.

Or that’s what my last two or three appraisals said anyway. In all seriousness I seem to have an eye for (work related) detail. Can’t be arsed in real life though.

wwaswas

Falling off bicycles.

boxfish
    Free Member

Pro…

…crastin…

…ation

djglover
    Free Member

I’m great in bed

Harry_the_Spider

Me too. I could sleep all day.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

knitting and dressmaking

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m very good at cooking scrambled eggs I’ve been working on it for 25 odd years now.
    I’m also very good at cold calling but I think thats because I really enjoy meeting new people.

peterfile
    Free Member

People who think they are really good/great at something often just haven’t met enough people who are better (although not through lack of those people, just limited exposure to them!).

There are plenty of people who will surround and compare themselves to family/friends/colleagues who don’t do something as well as them, then they feel “good” at it.

For example, I used to think I was good at snowboarding, even during a season I was in the top quarter or riders. Then I started riding with people who are a different level (two GB riders and a load of people who pay the mortgage riding), and I realised just how average I was.

I have so many passions, hobbies and interests, but I would reckon I’m average (at best!) at most of them.

there’s days at work when I wonder how i ended up doing what i’m doing and that it’s only a matter of time before i’m responsible for a £££££ cockup. but then there’s days when i’m utterly brilliant. Does that mean I am good or bad at my job? 🙂

It’s all relative innit.

khani
    Free Member

Everything my mrs can’t be arsed to do..
    ‘But it’s better when you do it’
    ‘yes dear’.. 😐

Travis

Always seeing the bright side of life.

oldnick

Modesty. I have a lot to be modest about 😉

I’m very good at feeling inadequate

sandwicheater

Wife informs me that my ability to eat more salty snacks than would seem feasible is awesomezz. I’m amazing apparently and I have to say I do enjoy doing it.

Other than that, nothing else.

Shred
    Free Member

Data. I just seem to know how to work large sets of data and turn that into information.

I’m also very good at getting annoyed when other people just cannot see how to do this.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Being optimistic

samuri
    Free Member

Nah, I’m terrible at that. I can’t even reach!

Self-loathing is my skill.
    No I’m not, I’m rubbish at it, just like everything else.

tomhoward

Drinking
    &
    Sex

In that order.

heisenberg
    Free Member

Cooking… Lets cook 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘What are you good at?’ is closed to new replies.