Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What are they building at Llandegla…
  • Daniel
    Free Member

…. after the pump track, before you drop down the the cafe?

mtbfix

Are you talking about the freeride track? Lots of drops and unrollable table-tops.

Daniel
    Free Member

that's it. couldn't work out what it's going to be. but did see one drop off that looked too big for an xc jey boy like me!

mtbfix

Yep. Walked up part of it for a nosey. Thought 'shalln't be riding this then'.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You and about 97% of it's target demographic…….

peachos
    Free Member

i've had a walk up this & i can't wait for it to open. it's massive. there's some hits that are as big as a house up there 8)

any news when it's open?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Err it's not that big mon….I've ridden it all to the bridge (as token test dummie) and it's all straightforward enough….if you pedal like a loon.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Any pics? Sounds fun!

higgo
    Free Member

Does it have direct ambulance access?

Rorschach
    Free Member

A&E are setting up an off site clinic there……

peachos
    Free Member

err ok whatever you say. the first set of doubles is at least 10ft crest to crest, some of the tabletops are about 20ft. you must be cedric gracia.

jam-bo

the first set of doubles is at least 10ft crest to crest, some of the tabletops are about 20ft.

sounds about right if your carrying any kind of speed…

_tom_
    Free Member
    peachos
    Free Member

i'm not saying it's not right, just that i would hardly call the whole line 'not that big'.

it's bigger than anything else i have ever seen at a uk trail centre.

bobbyspangles

ooooh, nice.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Which begs the question "why build stuff like that there of all places"?

peachos
    Free Member

why not? the place is crying out for some new life (even though it's packed most of the time) and the land owners obviously want to embrace the opportunity they have. the new skills area and sections on the trail, plus the pump track and now this should keep the regulars coming and get some new visitors. plus there are areas for everyone to develop their skills from beginners to more advanced. more people = more money = more future development.

coffeeking
    Free Member

looks awesome. Wish I could nail jumps!

jam-bo

Which begs the question "why build stuff like that there of all places"?

Progression.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think they're trying to meet the demand set up by the people saying llandegla is boring/flat/simple. I hope they pull it off well and people progress to it rather than writing cheques their skill can't cash. Glad to see it exists though.

MrNutt
    Free Member

ooooh looks fun!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Poor Llandegla – gets slagged off for being boring, then gets slagged again when something new and interesting gets built. I love the place, but I guess there is no pleasing some folk. 🙄

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What are they building at Llandegla…’ is closed to new replies.