• This topic has 44 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What are these MTB trousers?
  • vanilla83
    Free Member

Saw a chap briefly on the trails yesterday wearing two tone grey MTB trousers with a subtle orange colour logo on the back which may have been the letter M

Google image search doesn’t show anything.

Daffy

Aussie Grit?

allyharp
    vanilla83
    Free Member

@allyharp yes!! Thank you 😊

ajantom

Ah, beaten to it!
    Annoyingly they’ve been out of stock for ages now. I want a pair 🙁

allanoleary
    Free Member

The old Endura MTR range was that colourway as well

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

I looked a these a little while ago, before opting for a pair of Enduras. Probably a noob question, but how is that flap intended to work? What is the loop supposed to attach to? Ta.

40mpg

I’ve got some of those. The loop is for giving yourself wedgies for not riding gnar enough.

They’re very thin but great for keeping the spray off. I wear leg warmers under at the moment as they don’t provide any warmth. Quite a slim fit but stretchy material.

Odd fastening arrangement at the front. Short, high zip with a big flap which poppers over the zip. So no good for a quick wee without undoing the lot. Not a major problem, just, well, peculiar.

Couple of zipped thigh pockets. I keep my phone in one.

A couple of months use in the shittiest conditions, hose off, washing machine then tumble dryer a couple of times a week and holding up well.

No complaints for forty notes.

vanilla83
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. Sound spot on. Hopefully they’ll come back into stock soon.

Del

Annoyingly they’ve been out of stock for ages now. I want a pair 🙁

I’ve had a pair for a month or so Tom. You wouldn’t like them. They’d hide your socks 😉

kelvin

I had mine on yesterday.

ajantom

I’ve had a pair for a month or so Tom. You wouldn’t like them. They’d hide your socks

Socks? Socks? You can’t handle the socks! 😉

chrisyork

Got a pair too and they’re spot on for me for MTB, I say that as I’m rather long in the leg… and when we went for a ride with 5 miles of road first, they rode up past my ankle…. but as soon as I hit the trails they naturally stayed put…. what’s annoying for me is my lass has some as well and of course they fit her legs perfectly with no rising at all at anytime 🤣

So far only had a few washes but the DWR is great at repelling the dirt too, well worth the money 👍

doomanic

The other side of the coin; I thought they were very poor quality, even for 40 quid. and sent mine back. The material is very thin and only single layer, even on the seat where there’s a waterproof panel. Anyone who doesn’t miss leg day will struggle to get pads underneath them and no ankle zip means you have to put the pads on before the trousers. The ridiculous short zip is, frankly, ridiculous and the waist adjustment is none or lots.

Del

They’re not without their flaws but my poc pads fit under them fine. Considering they’re 1/2 the cost of the nearest equivalent and what they’ve done for my comfort levels this winter I’m well happy with them.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I have a pair and love ’em

I like them thin as they are lightweight and so don’t absorb any water and not too hot.

I wear bliss pads under and sealskins. Long sealskins if it’s REALLY cold.

I would prefer about 1″ longer for my legs but with sealskins its no bother.

The waist fixing you all find weird is very effective at holding them up without cutting you in half.

With pads on my knees I find they they don’t move, ankles don’t rise and waist doesn’t drop. Without pads I do find the waist drops a bit, but maybe I’m just skinny.

I’m the type of person that will strip them off in the garage and just hang them up… a shake off dry mud the next ride and good to go….. only washed about once every 5 rides but I do run mudhugger so the mud is mostly on the lower legs…..

Superficial
    Free Member

Anyone who doesn’t miss leg day

This is code for people with “cyclists’ thighs”, right?

ads678

Anyone who doesn’t miss leg day will struggle to get pads underneath them

I have these troos. I also have Mahoosive Thighs and calfs! My XL G-form knee pads fit fine under them. I’m sure £100+ trousers will be better but for £40 I don’t think they’re great.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I love mine – been used loads in some foul conditions and are still like new. I wear a pair of merino long johns under them when it’s properly cold.

Negatives – a couple of inches too short for me (@ 6ft 2).

Definitely not for chubsters.

wzzzz
    Free Member

The weird loop thing is to hang them up in the garage when they are covered in mud / just hosed off. Just like a coat. Works well.

Northwind

To me they were kind of like overtrousers and tbh yep lack of knee pad space was the killer (to be fair, I wear oldschool big 661 Rages, quite bulky but if you’re making a mountain bike product they ought to work with it). A near miss I thought, not terrible as long as you’re happy with the limitations

chrisyork

That’s one solid thing, if you have big beefy kneepads, they won’t fit underneath the trousers. If you have low profile kneepads then they will. They really are a £40 pair of Water resistant MTB pants… if you don’t absolutely abuse them they’ll be great. If you fall off alot and are constantly bashing them then I don’t think they’d last long.

Someone who abuses their trousers would be much better with something Kevlar based or time served like the fox ones three times the price

vanilla83
    Free Member

Some sizes back in stock

captainclunkz
    Free Member

I got a pair but ended up sending them back due to the sizing. I’m 6’5″ and in the 34/L size they were basically 3/4 length shorts. I don’t know why the cycle industry can’t make trousers for tall folk.

Andy-R

I thought I’d try a pair but they (for some ludicrous reason) won’t deliver to the Isle of Man, although they will to the Shetlands, for example. When I entered my post code it kept prompting me to “enter a valid postcode”.
    So I just gave up…..

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

After a pair of riding trousers. I like trying to buy second hand before buying new so.. Anyone got a size medium they’re unhappy with or unable to return that they’d like to sell on to me?

iainc

Sizing reviews suggest they come up small- I am a 34 waist, so not sure whether to go L or XL ?

wzzzz
    Free Member

Buy both and pay with paypal.

Then you can return the ones that don’t fit for free as paypal will refund your return postage.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

I always do this with decathlon as their sizing is all over the place.

ads678

I’m a 36″ (honest) waist and have XL and they fit fine.

keefezza
    Free Member

Bought myself some of these and first outing today. Very impressed. Deflected plenty of water splashes without question, arse was mostly dry when I got home, which is rare for my normal shorts even in summer on the moorland loop I’ve just done (Darwen tower, always wet).
    Nothing to compare them too other than stretchy jeans or shorts but I’m well happy with them.

Fit wise I usually get jeans in a 34″ waist but I’m probably more like a 32/33, my legs don’t fit in those though. Bought these in a 34/L and the fit is very good for me. No rising up, length is great. I’m 6ft with correct leg:torso split I would say.

If you’re on the top range of your normal clothes size I’d suggest going up.

asbrooks

Only size 44 back in stock which is annoying.

I looked last December and at the time they had a notify me when in stock function on the page. The function has gone now. Anyway no notification.

kelvin

I’m a 32 inch waist, or medium, in shorts and trews… had to buy the 34 inch in these… the 32 fitted fine around the waist, but too tight on the legs. The waist closure allows you to tighten the waist to a reasonable degree… although they have just two settings.. normal and a bit tighter.

iainc

I received a pair of Large this morning but they are a bit tight. Anyone want them at list price before I send them back ? Not sure of stock levels as can’t get onto Decathlon site at the mo.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Ordered a medium and large in these (usually a medium 32) and had to settle for the Large 34 as were a bit tight around the waist and thighs. Wore them for first time yesterday in cold and mud and yes, they aren’t the thickest/warmest trouser for winter, but I didn’t really feel the cold and the water resistant arse panel seemed to work well. Well worth it for £40 and free returns for the pair that didn’t fit.

agis2012
    Free Member

I have a pair in 34/Large and they fit me well. I am usually a 32/34 wait in Jeans and 6 foot tall, slim build.

I think they of equivalent quality to my pair of Fox Rangers (I think those are lowest spec FPx Trousers) and the Decathlon ones have an extra pocket and better wait closure.

At nearly half the price of the Fox Rangers they are good value.

iainc

If anyone has bought a pair of XL and not worn them and wants to swop with a Large…

appltn

I also brought these in size L/34 and M/32 to try both as I’m usually a 33″ waist.

I ended up keeping the size L/34 but I haven’t taken the M/32 to the post office yet if anybody wants to claim them for list price?

dave_robinson1
    Free Member

I just received mine this morning… really impressed! They are better fit and quality than my Fox Flexair’s which are my usual go-to. Definitely size up though, I am a 30″ waist and got both a small and a medium, could barely fasten the small round my waist

vanilla83
    Free Member

Got mine too – really impressed. Glad I asked what they were!

Like everyone else, I sized up too (one size) and they fit perfectly. Decent leg length.

Really happy with them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What are these MTB trousers?’ is closed to new replies.