What are the slimmest, lowest profile knee pads for use under trousers?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What are the slimmest, lowest profile knee pads for use under trousers?
  • Bagstard

Just got some Alpine stars All mountain 2 ‘trail pants’ and they fit nicely , but with no growing room. There is space for knee pads, but not loads, so I’m looking for the slimmest knee pads going.
    Obviously this means less protection, but I would rather have some than none.

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

I wear Troy Lee Speed Sleeves under Uniqlo jeans. Fit well.

I have some bliss ones that are a lycra sleeve and a very thin non-newtonian pad

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

As above, I like the Bliss Minimalists

Premier Icon StuF
    Subscriber

Bliss ones here as well

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Alstars Paragon are nice and slim, and I’m happy* with my Endura slim line pads under trousers at the minute

* with the caveat that I’ve had to return a pair for faulty stitching, and I note the replacements are headed the same way. Comfy though

Bagstard

Thanks all, I will check them out.

Bagstard

nickc, how is the sizing on the Paragon?

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

@bagstad, my measurements are 19″ above the knee and 15″ below, and I used size Large.

I’ve always found I need knee pads at the larger end of sizing.

Bagstard

Think I better go XL then, thanks Nick.

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

Troy Lee speed here too, fit nicely under my trousers

The Fox ones look low profile, and there’s a sale on somewhere. It was a PSA today I think but now can’t find it 🙁

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

You better start skipping leg day then.

My pal Andy (from the FB group) has the g form ones and they are very low profile, but also look completely useless to me.

Sorry I’m not more use.

Bagstard

Even if I skip leg day(s) which I wont, I was born with big legs! Something will be better than nothing, maybe?!

zezaskar

Another vote for the Alpinestars Paragon. Also have a pair of POC VPD Airs, and while the pad and overall construction is better on the POCs the Paragons are slimmer, fitting better under trousers and the pad has better coverage

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

I’ve been wearing Troy Lee Speed Sleeves under my recently purchased Madison Zenith Four Season trousers, seen to be a good combination.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Yeah something is better than nothing eh?

I was riding in softshell trousers today, but put some pads on over the top of them.

Bagstard

Sounds like an interesting look chakaping!

Bagstard

I went for the paragon in the end, got them at a bargain price and they fit nicely under my ‘pants’.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.