Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What are the chances of Cutgate being worth a spin yet?
  • cubist
    Free Member

I need to pop to Manchester from Lincoln to pick something up on Sat and am lobbing the bike in the boot to ride something proper. Sat nav suggest woodhead pass so Langsett up to Cutgate and across is a logical start. I have only ridden Cutgate once and loved it but it was high summer and I know its got a rep for being a bogfest. If its going to be a soggy mess I’ll take a different route back and try another route.

Also is Greno Woods worth it on your own or is it more of a session it with mates and egg each other on sort of place?

Tracey

We have been up onto Cutgate from Langsett the last two weekends. It has been as dry as Ive seen it in a very long time and we havent had much rain since.

Comming back via North America

Was also in Greno and Wharncliffe last Sunday. The trails were dry and fast in both however the Greno side was heaving at times with the amount of riders, hardly anyone on the Wharncliffe side.

cubist
    Free Member

Thanks – that’s my ride sorted!

flyingmonkeycorps

Reckon we might head up there again, broken seatpost stopped play last week!

flaps
    Free Member

?! I was there on Monday, up top in parts it was a boggy mess.

cubist
    Free Member

After yesterdays visit I can can confirm its every bit as excellent as I remembered. There are a couple of boggy bits but not many. Most fun I have had on the bike yet this year (I do however live in Lincoln so start from a low(flat) baseline) .

mickmcd
    Free Member

I was up there yesterday here’s a ride report
    Fast dry and perfect conditions reall
    Ride ruined by shite bikeill write a review

Eagle isn’t as awesome as they make out
    Focus jam isn’t as good as they make out in fact it’s positively hideous compared to my stumpjumper

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What are the chances of Cutgate being worth a spin yet?’ is closed to new replies.