Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are peoples opinions on the NEW Flite saddles?
  • Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

I need a new saddle and used to always use the old Flite titanium.

What are the new ones like, as comfy and as hard wearing as the old ones?

Considering, classic, gel or the XC version

Cheers

Matt

mikey74
    Free Member

I love them, comfort-wise, but the new ones have a bit of a swoopy tail to them that seems to snag my shorts whenever I put my weight behind the saddle. I’m thinking of getting the Signo to replace it.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Ooo now the Signo looks interesting

mikey74
    Free Member

Let me know if you find a cheap place to get them. The cheapest I can find is about £78 for the gel-flow.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

£68-99 at Evans. Like the look of the Gel ones but the perforations put me off slightly. They look like a real mud trap!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I use one on the road bike and find it really comfy. Carbino version, which is really light too. 160g odd grams.

I also have one of the old ones in genuine gel, which has to be the comfiest saddle ever.
    New one is almost as comfy, but that might just be because it hasn’t done the tens of thousands of miles that the old one has done.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Well, having used Flites almost exclusively for the last 15 years or so, I shelled out big bucks for a new carbon one for the roadbike – OUCH! it’s just not working for me, I’ve persevered, but to no avail and I’ve stuck it on the big bouncy bike which I don’t use for long rides. I’ve recently demo’d a Fizik Gobi, which was lovely and am waiting for the carbon version to float into my friendly LBS!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I got a classic one last year always use them when i raced.Like the guy said above i just dont find them that comfy compared with other saddles anymore.I have couple of Bonty ones think they are great.

sq225917
    Free Member

Things like the new kit carbonio don’t feel like the old flites, I have one on my DH bike, where it’s great due to smooth back and sides, but its no cushion…

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guy’s.

I think I am going to break my love affair with the Flite then and try a Fizik Gobi XM.

Hope my backside approves!

Matt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are peoples opinions on the NEW Flite saddles?’ is closed to new replies.