Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • What are you addicted to playing? Warning: Contains Geek Content!
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m an XBOX fan, I have since I first got my hands on Gears of War, before that I had a Playstation, SNES and Master System, All great consoles with great games but nothing has captivated me like the 360, Games like Zelda, San Andreas have all taken up large chunks of time but Games like Gears of War, Call of Duty, Red Dead Redemption and more have become more,
    A time machine if you will, relationship testing worlds, where another 10 minutes becomes a string of 4am’s and a concerned missus,
    A world where you take the game everywhere, dreaming of sawing Aliens in half as you talk to your boss, Worrying but I’ve always been able to break from the cycle, continue life without the need to check around corners, entering the toilet or throwing grenades in my sleep.

However
    Both the missus and I have just watched the trailer for the new Simcity, “That looks good” “I could play that” I was also reminiscing to Simcity 3000 and the Days it took from me,
    I’ve got a feeling this game could be a next step up, where I’ll end up with delusions of grandeur, thinking I’m the Mayor of Nottingham, Prime Minister or king of the world.

Addiction to gaming is fine, just so long as you remind yourself there’s still a world out there, A wife too love, A Job to go too, Bills too pay, Pets that attention and a Bike too Ride (Yep, thats my Life!),
    Simcity 5 looks dangerous to me but sod it!

DezB
    Free Member

Not me, I can’t play Xbox games cos it screws my eyeballs up (not that I’m that bothered!) but my kid loves the Shaun White Snowboarding game.
    Quite entertaining to watch him play it too (for a couple of minutes).
    [edit]Good for £3 on Ebay anyway 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

aoe2, trying to beat my fastest time on hardest 25:25

soma_rich
    Free Member

I cant stop playing World of Tanks on the PC.

xcgb
    Free Member

I must be odd, I have never wanted to play games on the telly, I’m in my 40s so its no surprise i guess but i have never wanted to. I just want to be outside more

Maybe i’m missing out?

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe i’m missing out?

I really don’t think so 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

Plenty of Sim City fans are boycotting the new version because it has always-on DRM. It is essentially a way for EA to ensure they can sell the next version because they’ll just turn off the servers like they do with stuff after a couple of years.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I just want to be outside more

Me too, just I lack the motivation to do so 😳

Plenty of Sim City fans are boycotting the new version because it has always-on DRM. It is essentially a way for EA to ensure they can sell the next version because they’ll just turn off the servers like they do with stuff after a couple of years.

I’m willing to wait, to be honest I’m not my laptop could handle it anyway 😕

*Googles “Gaming PC’s”

tacopowell
    Free Member

I missed out “you” in the Header of the OP, Que Grammar police!

B_Leach
    Free Member

Eep, I’ve just recently got back into a few point and click isometric rpg’s from the late 90’s early 00’s in a bid to recapture my youth. Just finished a run through of Baldur’s gate, and I’ve discovered planescape: torment. Bloody hell it’s good!

jock-muttley

http://www.supremacy1914.com

Brilliant wee browser game if you like AOE, Civilisation etc then it’s well worth a look, doesn’t make any demands on your time either.

Love the Call of Duty and Medal of Honour franchises but I’m a die hard PC gamer, cannot get the hang of XBox & PS controllers – I’ll be a keyboard & mouse man all my life.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What are addicted to playing?

With myself…

Waiting for GTA 5 to come out. I’m waiting…. still waiting….

Markie
    Free Member

Team Fortress 2 anyone?

_tom_
    Free Member

League of Legends, I’m still not very good but it’s so addictive.

tomhoward

GT5 (and the whole series) owes me a LOT of hours…..

float
    Free Member

Team Fortress 2 anyone?

hell yeah!

boarderlands 2 is my vice though. i NEED to find the sweet guns!

D0NK

My names donk and I’m a game addict.

Albeit a high functioning one. Work, family, bike, I make sure I devote plenty of time and energy to all those but once kids are in bed, we’ve eaten and tidied and mrs has switched on her soaps then I fire up the PC for several hours. I’ve a pretty addictive personality so I’ve always been careful about drink, drugs, gambling and other of your usual detrimentally addictive vices but the thing with games is there doesn’t seem to be a downside apart. Not very expensive (if you play old games they don’t cost much and you don’t need bleeding edge hardware) no behavioural or physiological impact. The only downside is they suck in vast amounts of your time and losing a load of sleep doesn’t seem that big a deal at the moment.

Unintentionally done atleast one all nighter, and a few others that weren’t far from, in the past. The list of games is too long to mention but if it’s possible to clock up >100hours in a single playthrough* it’s a likely candidate.

*that’s a single game not a session.

Cougar

Nexus 7 + ScummVM, Marvin, Twisty = All the Lucasarts games, Sierra games, ZX Spectrum games and Infocom (and modern IF) games, in my pocket. IN MY GORRAM POCKET! I love living (in the past) in the future.

On the 360, after a ~3 year sabbatical we’ve just started playing Burnout Paradise online again. great fun. Join us if you’re not weird.

Cougar

I missed out “you” in the Header of the OP, Que Grammar police!

FTFY. (And you mean ‘cue’)

vrapan
    Free Member

Starcraft 2 🙂 roll on next Wedensday!

B_LeachPlanescape was a brilliant game, don’t know if you have heard but a kickstarter project has gathered a fair amount of cash for Torment: Tides of Numenera.

_tom_
    Free Member

I also re-acquired an N64 a few weeks ago so I’ve been putting a lot of hours into Diddy Kong Racing 🙂 Plan on getting Ocarina of Time soon, that was actually the main reason I bought one again.

tommyhine

Recently been massively addicted to Trials HD evolution on Xbox arcade, really good game with loads of things to do.

Temple Run 2 on my phone

lilchris
    Free Member

Racing: Forza 4
    Shoot ’em up: Battlefield 3

lazybike
    Free Member

Black ops 2 hardcore…..and sniper elite for a change of pace.

B_Leach
    Free Member

Aye It looks like they’ve broke their total within a day (bloody hell $2m already!) I’m seriously interested in what they come out with. It’s a shame that Wizards didn’t allow them the IP though, so we end up with a proxy Torment.
    Seeing the build up to the kickstater is what got me interested, I don’t know how I missed it being such an avid BG fan! I’ll be having a crack at setting up GemRB tonight to see if I can get it running on my phone.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Years ago my mates and I used to set aside whole weekends for gaming – huge tournaments of FIFA ’99 and upwards, that and GT took up a lot of time on the original PS. Tigerwoods golf took over on PS2 as we got older but I just don’t feel it anymore. Haven’t replaced the PS2 but did buy the kids a Wii. Doubt I coudl fit it all in these days…

Drac

Played them since I was a kid and now I’m 40 I still do, love being outside too but there’s times I can’t so one of the things I do is play video games. Plus there’s 24 hours in a day so allows room for both.

Currently taking up most of my time is DayZ, World of Warcraft too up far too many hours of my time though.

klumpy
    Free Member

When I was playing games I loved all the total war series, think empire and Shogun 2 were pretty much perfect. Also love the GTA series, but thought 4 was a bit of a miss, too serious and had some pointless elements (going for beers and meals to maintain friendships with in game characters).

Never got why everyone thought Lionhead games were so good, they always seem to aim high and miss – by a long way. (Never played Fable though.)

tacopowell
    Free Member

FTFY. (And you mean ‘cue’)

😉

mangatank
    Free Member

Red Orchestra 2 is already frighteningly addictive, but the up-coming Rising Storm expantion presents the prospects rehab levels of dependency

[video]http://youtu.be/OjtToPZ5b6A[/video]

thegman67

Didn’t start gaming until i was late 30’s. Now when i get home i play COD for at least an hr

turtleheading
    Free Member

DOTA 2 man. Got a load of free codes for the game if anyone wants them. Once you get into it its insanely good and soooo deep.

Drac

Got loads of Dota 2 codes too, it’s Ok but just a clicky game.

Northwind

Not many new games stick with me tbh… Still playing Civ 4 and Company of Heroes. Will probably get COH2 when it comes out but had no urge to get Civ 5, none of the changes really sound good.

Just bought Total War: Shogun 2. Nice graphics, better AI, more units… Nothing like as good a game as the original 🙁

Will be buying the Final Fantasy 7 PC rerelease as my PS1 died 🙁

Mikkel
    Free Member

World of Tank addict here.

Cougar

A couple of people have mentioned World of Tanks. I was looking at that as a possible successor to the old Hardware Online Arena, but it seemed to be crippled unless you start paying through the nose for upgrades.

How are you finding it? I really just want to get a few mates together and have a giggle without doling out for upgrades every five minutes.

AdamW
    Free Member

PS3

Now been on Skyrim for over 120 hours since Chrimble.
    Played Mass Effect 3 to death but love the multiplayer so will be on it at the weekend (also just got DLC ‘Citadel’)

Mikkel
    Free Member

you dont have to spend any money on Worls of Tank.
    You can only play two people together in a platoon without paying anything, but if you want to be 3 people in the Platoon the person creating the platoon have to have a premium account.

New tanks are bought and upgraded with the Silver which you earn in each battle (or loose if your not very good)
    Gold can be bought with real money, which again can be converted to Silver, and can be used to buy some special premium tanks.

but for a start its easy to play for free and have fun 🙂

D0NK

Will be buying the Final Fantasy 7 PC rerelease as my PS1 died

epsxe, much easier and you can insta-save which is brilliant for people with time restrictions, don’t have to spend half an hour finding a save point. perks up the graphics too.

just read a bit on it

Character Booster will allow players to automatically max out their in-game health, experience and Gil…It’s not clear if that will involve micropayments or not.

Hmm not “clear” but pretty freaking obvious I’d have thought. All this buying buffs/gear seems a con to me, cheating the game and fleecing the customers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What are you addicted to playing? Warning: Contains Geek Content!’ is closed to new replies.