• This topic has 204 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 205 total)
  • What animal could you take on in unarmed combat
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

I reckon I’d batter most marine life. On land.

funkmasterp

How big is the room?
    Banska Stiavnica – Erasmus+ Bioprofiles

don’t think it would matter. Birds have soft bones and not much mass. Grab it by a wing and I reckon it would be game over. You’d get plenty of cuts and scars but I reckon it would be one of the easiest on the list.

Chimps are terrifying aggressive bags of pure muscle and hate. Don’t think I’d last thirty seconds against one. Elephants, lions and bears are a no go too. How could you even really hurt an elephant with your bare hands? Eye jab?

funkmasterp

If you got lucky then you could break the neck of anything smaller than the medium dog, or the snake, but anything larger and in the absence of tools, what’s the strategy?

What part of a snake is the neck?

You could break it down in to what tools you are equipped with. So versus a wolf for example. Wolfy McWolfson has four sets of claws and a set of jaws. You have, at the start any way, teeth, fingers, fists, elbows, head, knees, feet and the ability to grapple, throw etc.

cookeaa

I can’t imagine the mindset that allows you to think you could beat a gorilla, lion, elephant or grizzly – I’ve never been that confident.

TBF Anyone who’s ever been that confident probably isn’t available to tell you how it went…
    Apart from Liam of course

Variation – you have a multi tool and one minute to remove a part from your bike for use in the fight. What part do you use and which otherwise undefeatable animal can you win against?

There’s probably something pointy on the multi-tool, I’d just use that rather than faff with my bike, reckon I could jab a screwdriver into a wolf’s ribs, I’d probably end up with a ruined arm for my troubles at least though…

funkmasterp

Obviously the Bombers or failing that the handlebar. Reach would be a good thing against things with big teeth or for smacking a snake to death

martinhutch

Chain. Or maybe gear cable. Reckon I could batter then throttle the goose. Maybe. As long as the goose doesn’t choose the QR.

poah
    Free Member

I’d like to think I could take on a at least a goat.

crazy-legs

I reckon your only chance with most of them is to play the long game, strike up a bond with the animal, keep it as a pet for a while and then, when it’s least expecting it, push it off a cliff or something.

Obviously that won’t work for the eagle, you’d look kinda foolish as it flew off.

And I have my doubts that any of the above would work for a cobra.

sirromj

Variation – you have a multi tool and one minute to remove a part from your bike for use in the fight. What part do you use and which otherwise undefeatable animal can you win against?

If on my commute I came across an angry chimp I’d definitely carefully remove the crank arms and whip out the square tapered bottom bracket, it’s quite weighty so should work well as a knuckle duster type thing.

Kuco

Rabbit, as long as it’s got a good case of myxomatosis.

tjagain

don’t think it would matter. Birds have soft bones and not much mass. Grab it by a wing and I reckon it would be game over.

Right

9 ft high and 20 odd stone.  Cant run away either – they can do 70 mph.  Meet one of these boys after its had 10 pts of stella on a satruday night……..

funkmasterp

square tapered bottom bracket, it’s quite weighty so should work well as a knuckle duster type thing.

take off your sock and you have a pretty handy ranged weapon! Think it would just anger a chimp though and make things worse for you in the long run

@TJ
    forgot about the Ostrich. They seem like the spawn of a goose and a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park (not the real turkey sized ones). Proof that there is no God.

Still think I could take on an eagle or all the members of The Eagles

chewkw
    Free Member

What animal could you take on?

With bare hands one to one I can definitely take on these anytime:
    Rat
    House cat
    Goose
    Medium sized dog
    Eagle

I reckon I can:
    Large dog
    King Cobra
    Wolf

I cannot with these:
    Chimpanzee
    Kangaroo
    Crocodile
    Gorilla
    Lion
    Elephant
    Crizzly bear

martinhutch

What’s your King Cobra strategy, Chewkw? Remember, unarmed combat, no sticks etc. You have to get in there and grapple.

Still think I could take on an eagle or all the members of The Eagles

Reckon I’d stand a chance against Glenn Frey.

matt_outandabout

Rabbit, as long as it’s got a good case of myxomatosis.

I *know* I can, having dispatched more than a few with a stick.

My first job was turkey killing, plucking and gutting for Christmas, so I also know a turkey or chicken is easy meat.

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s your King Cobra strategy, Chewkw? Remember, unarmed combat, no sticks etc. You have to get in there and grapple.

Yes, hand only. Some people in my country have King Cobra as pets.

King Cobras do Not attack people unless provoke and because of their large size they are not as fast but its venom can easily kill an elephant.

However, smaller faster cobras or viper type snakes I am not that confident.

p/s: there is a trend now in my part of the world to have King Cobras as pets which is cruel because they feed them with other rat snakes and harmless snakes or even civet cats … absolutely hate that.

Look at this …

tthew

I’m no Michaela Strachan, but all of it below the head I reckon.

Did we decide who stated the scrap? If I’ve got the element of surprise, that’s going to even thing up a bit.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Throw the mouse at the elephant and it’ll trample everything else as it flees

….Oh hang on….No mouse.

You’d beat a rat but it’d make an mess of you in the process, probably one of the fights id fancy the least tbh. Even over some of the ones i’d lose. King cobra would be try get is tail and swing round your head a few times then smash it into a tree/rock. I’d estimate about a 0.00002% success rate on that though.

chewkw
    Free Member

You will be dead by the time you figure out the neck.

Anti-venom for King Cobra is not very effective because of the high dosage once bitten, hence they are very deadly.

steezysix
    Free Member

I don’t know how many times you’d have to hit a king cobra to kill it, but it only has to hit you once…

kayak23

With bare hands one to one I can definitely take on these anytime:

I reckon I can:
    Wolf

There’s no way you’re taking a wolf out fam.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Strike first, strike hard

chewkw
    Free Member

There’s no way you’re taking a wolf out fam.

If they are in pack I can’t but one to one I might have a chance provided it is not a surprised ambush on me.

My home town … kids playing with wild crocodile That’s a juvenile salty by the way.

chewkw
    Free Member

double post

reeksy

Red kangaroos are nowt to be trifled with.  Up to 1.8 m tall, 90 kg and they grab round the neck with their front paws and disembowel with their powerful back legs.

I see Eastern Grey Roos all the time when riding. Big ones (males or females) are awe inspiring. I got a fright yesterday riding to work when a massive male bounced off next to me and I hadn’t seen it. They normally run away to be fair but every now and then they stand and stare with a fistful of grass and I imagine them saying ‘do you feel lucky punk?’

reeksy

I feel like the elephant in the room here is the gorilla. Just mental.

Northwind

matt_outandabout

My first job was turkey killing, plucking and gutting for Christmas, so I also know a turkey or chicken is easy meat.

Yeah, but farm birds… How would you get on vs a wild chicken, or an urban turkey?

chewkw
    Free Member

I feel like the elephant in the room here is the gorilla. Just mental.

I reckon gorilla or chimpanzee can tear people apart like pulled pork or Kentucky fried chicken. The latter love a bit of protein from meat.

thols2

House cat, no problem

thols2

Chimp versus poultry.

sirromj

Feel like the QI klaxxon might go off now but….

What about a cougar?

mboy
    Free Member

As good as I feel currently, I’m thinking the relentless onslaught of a snail or a slug would be a bit of a challenge! 🥵

What about a cougar?

Death at that hands of a hot older woman! Now that I’m not totally against… 😉

kormoran
    Free Member

I reckon I’d batter most marine life.

That’s what the guy in the chip shop said

irc

A grizzly? Possible with the correct technique.

Proof?

kormoran
    Free Member

I was biking up to Cape York when a big emu came out of the scrub by the side of the track and ran alongside me for a fair while. I was fairly shifting, I was on TTR600! I basically soiled myself when it sped up and then ducked in front of me and shot back into the scrub on the other side. No way would I be getting in a rumble with one of them.

reeksy

Ahem …

thols2

Cocaine Bear anyone?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Reckon I could choke a chicken or wax a dolphin, no way I could spank a monkey though.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chimp versus poultry.

That’s not a chimp but a howler monkey or spider monkey which is not aggressive at all.

vazaha

It’s also not poultry but a porcupine.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.