Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What & Where from? Decent waterbottles required
  • woffle
    Free Member

Sounds trivial but I just want a couple of bottles that won’t make water taste of plastic, can be drunk from on the bike without pulling my teeth out and don’t cost £££. Using the camelbak daily is just too much of faff trying to keep it clean.

I’ve had enough with my stinky freebies and given they’re something that are used every day on the commute I thought I’d ask for the collective wisdom / recommendations of STW…

AndyP
    Free Member

camelbak bottles

woffle
    Free Member

the ‘podiums’? (I know at wiggle there’s a note on some of the wiggle bottles saying they’re not for cages?)

AndyP
    Free Member
    Spesh99
    Free Member

I like the Science in Sport ones (never used them for the powders though). They don’t leak but are easy to open with your teeth and I’ve never had my water taste funny. Also they have screw on tops which are better than the ones that push on.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=31248(the 800ml narrow neck one)

woody2000

I have a podium bottle, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it. It’s easy for dirt to get in to the bite valve at the top, and once in, it doesn’t want to come out! Also don’t get the last bit of fluid out, which is more of a minor annoyance that anything else.

kona_uk
    Free Member

I have bought 2 of these having the same problem of having a horrible taste in my bottles;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camelbak_Podium_710ml~24oz_Bottle/5360033553/

Expensive, but very good to use.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Soma make some nice ones.

JoB
    Free Member

standard Specialized bottles, cheap, easy to fill, no taste

trail_rat
    Free Member

podiums rock

used on in nz for 3 months EVERYday. beside a normal high 5 bottle

i used to think my bottles were all pretty taste free but it quickly became apparent that the water from the camelback bottle was taste free and the high 5 bottle tasted of mank plastic , guess i was just used to the taste !

highly recomended bit of kit , never had the problems of the guy above. The last bit of fluid does come out of the podiums , the better bottle on the other hand is a load of shite ! (got one of them too for the car….as i dont have to tilt my head back to drink from it) ….cant get the last bit of fluid from it and its quite hard to suck the fluid through !

woffle
    Free Member

podiums it is then!

Cheers peeps.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What & Where from? Decent waterbottles required’ is closed to new replies.