Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What adhesive for a rubber car door seal?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Ford Focus if it matters.

Ta

stormtrooper
    Free Member

I did mine with gorilla glue. Glue on the rubber seal, wait till goes tacky, wet the other surface on the door and tape to hold it in place while it sets

I don’t know what Ford use in the factory but I’ve seen loads of Focus’s (Foci?) with their door seals flapping about in the wind

MrOvershoot

As soon as I saw the title I thought Ford Focus, 3 work mates all had the same issue, 1 took it to Ford to get done but lost the car for the day.
    The other 2 used Soudal Fix All Extreme Power IIRC

markoc1984

I used puncture repair kit glue on my car.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I was thinking it before I opened the thread.

Every other Focus around 2012-2017 I see on the road has a door seal hanging down. It’s the new “tape on the Mondeo bumper”.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I used copydex 🙂 Easy to use, stinks but keep the seal on for years.

James

dyna-ti

Most used glue for rubber applications is a contact adhesive(like copydex)I use evostik impact adhesive.
    A word of advice about using contact cement….

Ambrose

I have used double sided sticky tape with success.

mashr

From what I’ve read (including this very thread) you just use whatever is close to hand

garage-dweller

We’ve used some double sided tape on ours it hasn’t stood the test of time well. Tempted by the impact adhesive option.

Also a 2012 – 2017 Focus.

In Ford’s defence it has a really decent roof rack mounting system. Not relevant to the door seal but handy for bikes.

danmac
    Free Member

Ex ford main dealer tech here, the gunk of choice was pretty much 2 part araldite, albeit rebranded with a bland ford sticker and part number on it and a fancy looking nozzle to mix them as it was applied. Glue the seal, tape it stiff to the door and leave it in the sun or workshop corner for a couple hours

Superficial
    Free Member

I used Sikaflex based on a recommendation am from somewhere. Worked perfectly.

CountZero

I don’t know what Ford use in the factory but I’ve seen loads of Focus’s (Foci?) with their door seals flapping about in the wind

Pretty sure it’s an exclusive Ford styling feature! I’ve lost count of the number of Foci I’ve seen with a door seal strip dangling out of the door shut, there’s a couple at work at the moment.

ransos
    Free Member

Gorilla superglue worked on my c-max.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What adhesive for a rubber car door seal?’ is closed to new replies.