Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What 700c rim for semi-offroad commute
  • Doh1Nut

I have converted an old v-brake hybrid bike to a drop bar commuter. My route takes several offroad / bridleway / broken concrete sections,
    Is there a cheapish wideish strongish 32 spoke rim that would be a good match for 35c Schwalbe Touring / Cross tyres.

Cheers

CraigW
    Free Member

Any sensible touring rim should be fine. I like the Mavic A319.

STATO
    Free Member

Anything will do really but look to touring rims, like the a319, as though they are heavier than road rims they will last longer from rim wear.

I like mavic as I feel i can trust them to last more than others. I had some velocity rims which lasted not long at all, maybe they are better now but Id rather just get mavic and know. Rigida are supposed to be reliable and pretty much the go-to touring rim maker.

Yeah the a319 is pretty bullit proof and has enough meat in the sidewalls to last a long time with rim wear you get from grubby conditions. I have some a719 which are nicer but more expensive obviously.

Doh1Nut

OK – £28 from evans – I can deal with that 🙂
    I was struggling as the only ones I was finding were I guess the last of the 29er race rims a bit too light and expensive.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What 700c rim for semi-offroad commute’ is closed to new replies.