Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What 700 or 29'er rim for Pro 2 hub?
  • cinnamon_girl

It’s a 6 bolt hub. Rim needs to take tyre up to around 40cc and not be tubeless. This is for my Tripster.

Thanks. 🙂

scotroutes

Arch EX? XM719?

Remember you don’t need to Stans tubeless.

highlandman
    Free Member

If you don’t mind it having a redundant braking surface, suggest you go with Mavic Open pro. Available in both 32 & 28h. It’s what I use on my summer wheels for a ‘road’ On-one 29er; mine are 28 spoke on Hope Pro2 and have happily taken quite a beating, such as sweeping ultra marathons with a big pack and on mellow trails.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks very much chaps, will investigate those.

nedrapier

I’ve had open pros on my Peregrine for the vast majority of 10,000 miles. 28c to 2.0 Race Kings on there. All good.

The CD version is grey anodized, hiding the silver brake track. They’d look good on the Tripster, I reckon.

Or H plus Son Archetypes

Or stans grail.

roverpig

I’ve got a set of Hope Pro II on those grey Open Pro rims. They hardly ever get used (should sell them really) as that’s not the sort of riding I do, but I reckon they’d be perfect for Tripster type stuff (do-anything bike, CX bike etc)

teadrinker
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 sets of Hope Wheels. One on Open Pros that had a 35c set of tyres on (now for sale :wink:) and the other a set on XM719’s which house a set of 38c.

schmiken

I have some 32 hole Open Pros for sale if interested?

tang
    Free Member

H plus son is what I have for clinchers, great rims.

kristoff
    Free Member

For my crosslight build (couldn’t justify tipster prices) I used hope pro 2 eves with stans Grail rims.

Not the lightest on the market but then neither am I! They’ve stayed nice and true with 15st of me being clumsy with them.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks folks and that’s a very nice looking Peregrine up there. Currently have Grails and they’re not suitable so needing to use the Hope hubs in another combination.

More to think about!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What 700 or 29'er rim for Pro 2 hub?’ is closed to new replies.