Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What £500 MTB for a 5'2" chap
  • bigjim

Any recommendations?

Not even sure what frame size would be ideal, Halfords had him on a 16″ but that sounds like it could be a bit big to me…

flowerman
    Free Member

Halfords will put him on the biggest bike possible it really depends what he will be doing on it he is probs a 15-16 anyway… I have never bought a bike from halfords but I know that they arnt great. Look along the lines of a hardtail, try and buy something with reasonable spec but don’t go for a budget apollo, he won’t have Mitch fun on that. Look for something like a carrera Vulcan or a specialized hardrock. There is a lot of choice out there for that price bracket. Also try and visit your local bike shop and not your nearest halfords branch. Most importantly never get your bike serviced by halfords their workshop is rubbish, go to somewhere like Evans!

rootes1

how about this:

Deal in X Small

Nice looking bike

chakaping
    Free Member

I was looking for somerthing for my wife a coupek of weeks ago, Paul’s Cycles have some small Giants and other brands that look alright.

colournoise

Specialized Hardrock?

Come in 15.5″ and 13″ IIRC. 13″ probably too short. My wife is around 5’3″ and her 15″ Hardrock fits just fine (allowing for difference in male/female proportions should still be OK?).

slainte ❓ rob

bigjim

Thanks for the thoughts. I think he said he has tried a hardrock actually pHz, not sure which size though. I’ve passed him those links and suggestions anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What £500 MTB for a 5'2" chap’ is closed to new replies.