Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What 36T Chainring?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Don’t want to spend the earth. Got a Raceface Turbine 24/36/Bash setup on my bike, 36T ring is way past its replacement date if I’m honest. Using it in a 10spd setup though the rings say 9speed on them (they’ve worked fine and I understand 9 and 10spd rings are the same width).

What to replace with? Seen 36T SLX 9spd ring on CRC for £18.99 (and another 10% off right now), but anything better value and/or cheaper? Or anything that’s worth spending more on, cos it is a lot more durable?

danielgroves
    Free Member

I always just ran the SLX 36-tooth when I had a double setup.

trusty

You not interested in the spider and rings mate? If you are drop me a line with what your willing to pay. As for your post above, that seems a good price. Shimano rings have always lasted me ok, no idea about 9/10 speed compatibility tho.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Cheap, how about a steel deore?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-deore-m590-middle-chainring/rp-prod83369?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Shimano+-+Chainrings|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:233901UK_Shimano+Deore+M590+Middle+Chainring&gclid=CNTJutbj7LoCFaoEwwodJSkArw

Northwind

Steel deore for me. Weight difference isn’t as much as you’d think, and though it doesn’t shift quite as nicely on day one as a posher ring, it shifts better on day 100, and it’s still shifting on day 1000000.

mcnultycop

I used 24 and 36 Middleburn hardcoat rings when I went double (single now) and they were great. Hard wearing and nice shifting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What 36T Chainring?’ is closed to new replies.