Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What… 26er, 31.6, inexpensive, light hardtail frame for 100-120mm forks?
  • Northwind

Oh and standard BB and rear axle… Got a whole pile of bits and I’m thinking I might knock them into a bike. I can build a whole one right now out of my old Carrera but I’ve got a “spare” dropper post I could put in a 31.6… I guess I prefer not to go too stiff as it’ll sometimes have fairly skinny ice spikes in, but a Ragley Marley came to mind… 31.6 posh steel probably out of the price range, let’s say £150 absolute limit, narrows it down a lot… Any ideas?

akak
    Free Member

I have a large bfe frame I could do for that money. Ticks some of the boxes…

jfb01
    Free Member

I cannot tick all the boxes,but how about my Cove Hand Job.100 – 130mm fork.
    17″ ,medium,black with white decals,immaculate,about 2 years old.27.2 seat post though.£150 collected from Doreset.£175 posted.
    Email jeffbushi@yahoo.co.uk if interested.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Junkyard
    Free Member

On one carbon 456 second hand- I dont have one to sell

New no idea

teamslug
    Free Member

Ive got a Carbon 456 in large thats just going to get repainted. Ticks all the boxes.

Northwind

Ah, sorry folks, I wasn’t thinking about fishing for bikes, if I had, I’d have said I need a medium. And definitely 31.6, that’s the only reason not to use my perfectly nice carrera.

That Cube looks great, straight to the top of the list that. C456, mmm, had one before and I didn’t get on with it til I anglesetted it and that adds a lot to the cost (whippet has a funky BB)

mmm, chumba… Interesting, it’s out of budget but I’ll give it a think. Lots of potential for fun in there…

longwayhome
    Free Member

Straight or tapered forks?

That Cube frame is a bargain but straight head tube.

RCZ have this which is slightly more expensive but is tapered head tube (for future proofing) and lighter. In medium and small.

Mackem

I’ve got a Chumba HX1 – it’s a great frame. I’m tempted to buy it myself.

remoterob
    Free Member

That Cube frame is a bargain but straight head tube.

Semi integrated though, so will probably work with tapered/straight steers and the right headset.

tor5
    Free Member

Ragley piglet? Had an HX1, was nice, but it died. I ran it as an LT HT though. Now have a slackline which is better in that capacity @ 150mm, works well at 120mm too, so worth a look. Steel really does have a nicer ride. Seems to remove some of the chatter I recall on the ally chumba.

Northwind

I’ve already got a Ragley Ti for incredibly good hardcore hardtail purposes so it’s not going to be doing the same job… Well, not til the Legendary Lynskey Build Quality causes it to fall to bits.

TBH I’m suffering from Mission Creep here, I was going to just build my Carrera up again rigid, which I’ve done before and it was ace- surprisingly good handling frame. But then I replaced that with my Soda, then I sold the Soda, and I sold my gravity dropper so now if I want to use one of my dropper posts (and I do) I need to change frames…

So far so simple, the Cube nails it but… That Chumba is interesting.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Second hand BFe? Might not be particularly light but otherwise fits the bill?

Northwind

I had a BFe before, didn’t really get on with it tbh- nice handling, but a bit of a lump. And it pains my Cotic-fanboi soul greatly to say so 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What… 26er, 31.6, inexpensive, light hardtail frame for 100-120mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.