Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What 26" 23mm tubeless rim?
  • sirromj

Just purchased the ‘professional guide to wheel building’ I want my first build to use a 26″ tubeless rim with an internal width of 23mm and weight < 550g.

I currently have some full UST rimmed wheels, 19mm internal width, but due to encouragement from the industry I’m keen to try something a bit wider.

I returned a pair of Superstar wheels I bought on Black Friday because I didn’t think 21mm was enough of a gain over 19mm to justify the purchase – plus coming from proper UST rims, I wasn’t impressed with tubeless ready rims. I’ve since seen claims UST isn’t miles ahead anymore.

Wheels are for 120mm FS bike. I’d prefer to sacrifice a bit of weight to gain durability/fit-and-forget.

Any rim recommendations?

marcfoy89
    Free Member

I have the ds25 wheel set from superstar and they are bomb proof and not too heavy when set up tubeless, I have run them on uplift days at Revolution bike park and on xc slogs and they have been spot on so far!

honourablegeorge

DT Swiss 471 is reasonably priced, 500g, 25mm internal, and Aaron Gwin finished a DH race on them with no tyre.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/DT-Swiss/EX-471-Disc-26-Felge-p45341/

sirromj

Dunno 25mm seems a bit too excessive, I don’t do DH like Aaron Gwin (I like rear tyres and chains). More XC/Enduro leaning.

qwerty
    Free Member

WTB KOM

stevied
    Free Member

KOM here too. Seem really good for the weight. i25’s are about 420g each. Go tubeless really easily too

honourablegeorge

sirromj – Member
    Dunno 25mm seems a bit too excessive, I don’t do DH like Aaron Gwin (I like rear tyres and chains). More XC/Enduro leaning.

They’re pitched as an All-Mountain/Enduro rim, but they’re tough enough for Gwin. 2mm wider is just a bonus.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What 26" 23mm tubeless rim?’ is closed to new replies.