Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What <2.3" slickish Maxxis 26" tyre?
  • Speeder

I need a narrow 26″ tyre for the back of my DJ (pump track mainly) bike as the Crossmark I’ve got on there tends to rub a bit in the corners. Any suggestions of a tyre and where to find them? They seem to have dropped off the earth (damn you bike industry etc).

Perfect thing would be a DTH or Holly Roller in 26×2.2 but struggling to find any at any kid of reasonable price.

Happy to buy 2nd hand so long as it’s in good condition. Any one got any ideas?

No tan walls or over £35 and it’s got to be a Maxxis as the tyres have to match ;o)

OR a pair of matching dirt tyres like Schwalbe TableTops or DMR Moto if anyone knows where to get a cheap pair.

Cheers

Gary

Northwind

I think I have an Ardent 2.25 somewhere, it’d do the job.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    poah
    Free Member

Pace – I’ve got schwalbe table tops on my DJ bike.

bsims
    Free Member

I think I have an Ardent 2.25 somewhere, it’d do the job.

😁

5lab

do they still make hookworms? I’ve got DTH on my jump bike and they work really nicely

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to source exactly the same, DTH has a due date end of the month from a couple of places but who knows. Wouldn’t touch Holy Rollers as they are just too bloody heavy, I’ve repurposed my Trailstar for street fun and right now it weighs a ton with a Bling Bling and HRSS on. Might nich the Ground Controls off my missus bike.

Maybe keep a look out for a pair of Schwalbe Billy Bonkers as they’re super light (but 2.15).

But yeah, right now you’re screwed for tyres, looking at 50 quid a pair if you want something suited.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bike discount has DTH 2.3 for £20 or £26 in wire or folding, add the postage and that’s your budget.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What <2.3" slickish Maxxis 26" tyre?’ is closed to new replies.