Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What 140mm fork for hardcore hardtails that are designed for 140mm forks?
  • messiah
    Free Member

Prompted from the kingdom bikes thread

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/kingdom-bike-project-anyone-heard-of-them

What 140mm fork for all those hardcore hardtails that are designed for 140mm forks?

Evil Sov, Kingdowm Foia, Sinister Ridge, BeFe etc.

As far as I can see most suitible 140mm forks these days are of the XC persuasion such as RS Revs and Fox 32's (150mm travel for 2010/11!). It's not untill you hit 160mm and 170mm options such as Fox 36's and RS Lyriks that you'll get a beefy feeling fork for hammering the terrain into submission

Note… I've ignored the Pike as it's rubbish (been there, destroyed it).

Is the only option to use Lyrik U-turns, Fox 36 Talas (or Float) with the travel limited?

Comment 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

try to find some Van 32's?

LoCo
    Free Member

Float 32 RLC qr 15 or 36 Float.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trusz
    Free Member

What the hell were you doing to destroy a Pike? I would be looking at 36s if you're that horrible to your bike! 😀

0pt1cal
    Free Member

36 Float with spacers to 140 mm would be my choice.

Vortexracing

Is the only option to use Lyrik U-turns, Fox 36 Talas (or Float) with the travel limited?

Seeing as you have just poo pooed 32's and revs (thors are also 32mm)
    then the answer is yes, Lyriks or 36's

nickc

Magura Thor

BigDummy
    Free Member

I too am fascinated to know the fate of your Pikes. I'm light, and not particularly rad, but I'm not sure how I'd destroy mine. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Pike 454 is working well for me – had it about 8 months or so and abused regularly (dirt jumping most days and I'm not that smooth plus 17 stone).

messiah
    Free Member

The Pike damping system was rubbish for me, even with the push upgrade I still frequently flipped a seal in the damper… very frustrating. Solid enough feeling fork as are Travis which are 32mm stations…

The question is what fork are these hardtails designed for?

ahwiles
    Free Member

clearly nothing can stand up to your radness…

(having lots of fun here with pikes / 130 qr recons / 140 maxle recons)

wishiwascalledsteve

That's weird, i have 454 coil pikes on my little hardtail and never had any issues, including racing at mynnyd du (not exactly light on bikes).
    Maybe you're just unlucky!

messiah
    Free Member

Let's not turn this into a thread about Pike's…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What 140mm fork for hardcore hardtails that are designed for 140mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.