Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What 10mm rear axle?
  • Northwind

Just picked up a set of spare wheels for the big bike which need a 10mm rear axle (135mm Pro 2 hub). Superstar seems like the leading candidate and even comes in red to suit my tartiness but is there anything else I should be considering? Ruling out DT Swiss on cost grounds…

carbon337
    Free Member

+1 superstar in red, although it’s more of a pink compared to my red hope hubs. A very subtle clash that slightly annoys me.

Northwind

That’s alright, it’ll be right beside a gold hub that clashes with every other component on the bike :mrgreen:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grantway
    Free Member

Il go for the sick Light Blue one

neninja
    Free Member

Another vote for the Superstar in red (I wanted black but the red actually looks great)

pastcaring
    Free Member

hadley, if you can find one?

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I ordered a Hadley one from the states direct for £26 just googled it and it came up withthe distributor.
    what impressed me, was that I ordered on a Friday night and it arrived on Monday morning. The UK distributor was out of stock and quoted 2 weeks!

pastcaring
    Free Member

Skyline-GTR – Member
    I ordered a Hadley one from the states direct for £26 just googled it and it came up withthe distributor.
    what impressed me, was that I ordered on a Friday night and it arrived on Monday morning. The UK distributor was out of stock and quoted 2 weeks!

who did you order from? the cheapest i could find was £36 ish shipped

Northwind

Cool, guess it’s Hadley or Superstar then. A STW recommendation for Superstar is worth 10 recommendations elsewhere 😉 Cheers folks

specializedneeds

Try The North West Mountain Bike Centre for Hadley, I’m sure they told me they were the UK distributor when I bough my Hadley axle.

roblane65
    Free Member

NC-17 10mm q/r. I’ve got one from crc superb german quality dispatched next day think it was around £25 quid but worth it.Take a look on crc.

goodgrief
    Free Member

would stay away from nc17, not impressed with the 10mm axle especially after it snapped. their hubs are guff too.

benjag
    Free Member

I should imagine BETD make something suitable, I have one of their 12mm axles on my alpine.

Roo
    Free Member

My NC-17 one snapped too, very happy with the superstar one though.

afrothunder88

Another vote for the Superstar one.

Mintyjim

again for Superstar – in Gold, cheap, decent quality at a great price.

foxyrider
    Free Member

been running the SSC and the DT ones and I would say the DT ones seem a little stiffer perhaps because for the lack of the draylon lined cam but other than that the SSC seem fine 🙂

Northwind

Then Superstar it shall be. Though I’m going to wait for the wheels to arrive first to make sure they’re not trashed 😆 Thanks again for telling me what to think STW!

BadlyWiredDog

NC-17 10mm q/r. I’ve got one from crc superb german quality dispatched next day think it was around £25 quid but worth it.Take a look on crc.

Yeah, I snapped one of those as well. It’s all alloy construction and as puny as newborn kitten. Avoid – or if you must use one, carry a spare because otherwise you’ll be stranded… Superstar one doing fine, touch wood.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What 10mm rear axle?’ is closed to new replies.