Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What 100mm suspension fork?
  • willej

I’m on the lookout for some light-lightish 100mm travel, non-tapered, 20mm or QR axle forks to go on a newly aquired Charge Duster. Is there any better fork for the money (£269 at Merlin) at the moment than a Rockshox Reba RL? The Recon Gold RL is basically an old Reba and is £30 cheaper.

Any reasons for or against either? Any others worth a look? Don’t really want to spend more than £300 but could stretch for an exceptional bargain.

richmtb

Hard to see past Rockshox for that money. The Recon just has a forged crown rather than a hollow one so will be a bit lighter

willej

I’m thinking for only an extra £30 I should get the Reba but I’m not sure if that’s just a bit snobby?

campfreddie
    Free Member

i bought my wife a new (2012) trek lush at the weekend which comes with a pair of recon gold tk 120mm forks. i’m massively impressed with them at first glance.

i was going to put on a pair of fox f-series 32 rlc’s which i have in the toolbox but i don’t think i’ll bother now.

my only criticism is that the topout is a bit ‘clunky’… not sure whether that is because they are new, or whether they need some tweaking.

letmetalktomark
    willej
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What 100mm suspension fork?’ is closed to new replies.