Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What 10" tablet?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

My Nexus 10 has finally died. Put up with it’s slow-ness, loved the sound from front facing speakers, battery life awful towards it’s final days.

So, looking for:

10″
    Android
    Stereo FF speakers
    SD card slot
    200 – 250 quids.

Ideas?

Cougar

Does it have to be that big? Nvidia Shield is only 8″ but totes amazeballs (as they say).

aphex_2k
    Free Member

fnar…

10″ feels about right in my hands. I’m really used to that size screen. Yeah. I think.

fnar x2

I’d have to feel what 8″ was like tbh

(I AM NOT FRANKIE HOWARD)

gonzy
    Free Member

bought my son an acer iconia tab 10…so far so good. the UI is pretty good and the screen resolution is impressive…the camera is average and the sounds options can be limited but overall good value for money

DaveP

I have a Nexus 10 and it is so slow these days. My father has the 10″ Samsung and that has a fantastic screen and seems spritely – that is what I intend to get when my Nexus dies.

RustyMac

As a user of a Nvidia Sheid, one of the big things that drew me to it a couple of years ago is that for the price i couldn’t find another tablet with HDMI out.

This means if there is anything you want to watch on a bigger than 8″ screen you can easily connect it to a bigger screen or monitor.

GrahamS

for the price i couldn’t find another tablet with HDMI out.

Hudl 2?

8.3″ screen and has HDMI out. Plus you can pick them up pretty cheaply on eBay (e.g. £60-90)

dooosuk
    Free Member

You can buy new batteries for the nexus 10.

Also, if it’s slow try a factory reset before binning it.

cranberry
    Free Member

I have a Nexus 10 and it is so slow these days. My father has the 10″ Samsung and that has a fantastic screen and seems spritely – that is what I intend to get when my Nexus dies.

I’ve used an S2 and they are nice. The Tab S3 is out very soon, so there should be some cheap(er) S2’s knocking around soon as well, though maybe not in the OP’s price range.

EDIT – maybe of use to the OP:

£50 off a Tab A when trading in a nexus

kelron
    Free Member

I have the Tab A6, nice tablet for the price but the speakers aren’t anything special.

donks
    Free Member

I just bought the Samsung galaxy tab S 9.7 which I wanted to replace its smaller brother but I have made a mistake here.

What I hadn’t realised was that the new screen format of 4:3 is shite for watching stuff on and as that’s pretty much all I do I’m very disappoint.

If fact the 8.4 tab I have works out just as big picture wise and when cast to the TV I get the full screen…. not the case with the larger tab, I get the awful letter box.

So lesson here is if it’s media you watch then opt for any 16:9 10″ tablet or suffer silly letter box view.

I now might get rid and get a 16:9 ratio but there doesn’t seem to be many with the spec of the Tab S out there.

Cletus

I quite fancy a Lenovo YOGA Tab 3 Plus – currently £250 from John Lewis.

Snapdragon 652 Octa-Core
    3 GB Memory
    2560 x 1600 pixels
    Up to 18 hours battery life
    microSD card slot (up to 128GB)

https://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-yoga-tab-3-plus-tablet-android-32gb-wi-fi-10-1-black/p3132013

Marketing bumpf re. sound.

The Yoga Tab 3 Plus delivers rich theater sound that you’ll rarely experience on any other tablet. The four integrated front-facing JBL speakers and powerfully immersive Dolby Atmos® provide loud, clear, and dynamic moving audio that flows all around you, putting you at the centre of the action–even without headphones!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

dooosuk – Member
    You can buy new batteries for the nexus 10.

Also, if it’s slow try a factory reset before binning it.

It has custom roms so factory resets make no difference as new roms installed quite often

aphex_2k
    Free Member

EDIT – maybe of use to the OP:

£50 off a Tab A when trading in a nexus

That link says 100 quid…

But it would mean a $2000 dollar flight from Australia to visit a Currys! haha

That Yoga Tab 3 looks alright. $400 here so around the 250 quid mark.

cranberry
    Free Member

£50 for any other tablet, in non-working order.

Hope that doesn’t affect your decision making regarding the trip back too much.

🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve had cheap tablets, I’ve had expensive tablets.

Cheap ones were all crap, expensive ones were all great.

Buy cheap buy twice, buy dear and enjoy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah that Lenovo seems the go. I’ll run it past the finance officer on the grounds that using a large phone to browse the internet is giving me sore finger joints and if she loves me she’ll not want me in pain and agree to the tablet. 😀

jezzep

Nvedia shield k1 super fast and great for the price.
    Look at the graphics processor on them super good for gaming too.

JeZ

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What 10" tablet?’ is closed to new replies.