Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What 0W 30 are you using to service your Rockshox?
  • bikerevivesheffield

Any specif ones or just generic motor/engine oil?

mashr

the 5/7.5/10/whatever weight I have lying around…… but with 0W30 scribbled on it

bikerevivesheffield

lol

fathomer

I bought a litre of the Rockshox stuff for about £25. I figured if I’m going to spend £6-800 on a fork and take the time to service it, I might as well use what they specify.

z1ppy

Aye paid a silly amount really for some proper RS oil off amazon, but my forks cost the best part of a grand, why would I skimp?

philjunior
    Free Member

Rockshox stuff, it’s not that pricey compared with a lot of whats’s about.

tall_martin

Whatever the motorbike shop at the end of the road had. Unfortunately it’s turned into a blinds shop.

Back to eBay or halfords depending on how urgently I need it.

calv145
    Free Member

ow30 engine oil. Was using Rockshox oil but paid more for a tiny pot than I did for 1 litre of engine oil. Looks the same, smells the same, is slippery and my fork feels good.

carlos
    Free Member

Rock Oil stuff from the local motorbike shop with the correct numbers on it

CRC do it, but the local shop does twice as much for same money

pedlad

I thought fork oil was significantly different to engine oil – Sure I read it on here once, anti foaming agents or something?

edd

fathomer

I bought a litre of the Rockshox stuff for about £25. I figured if I’m going to spend £6-800 on a fork and take the time to service it, I might as well use what they specify.

This +1

squirrelking
    Free Member

I have a load of the Rockshox stuff but not bothered by using the nearest equivalent. I refer to the oil chart of truth for that:

TRUTH!

http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Suspension_Fluid#Comercial_Brands_and_their_properties

GeForceJunky

I thought fork oil was significantly different to engine oil – Sure I read it on here once, anti foaming agents or something?

Fork damping oil is different yes, but for the fork lowers, the oil is used for lubrication, not damping. You want something that lubricates surfaces well and foaming isn’t an issue. I use whatever fully synthetic oil my Mondeo happens to use.

Certainly don’t go servicing your charger damper with engine oil though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What 0W 30 are you using to service your Rockshox?’ is closed to new replies.