Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • WFH – Snack of Choice
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Crisps during working hours? You heathens.

I’ve mainly been polishing off the Xmas choccies this month.

Stroopwafels

We do have a few tins of these, they go very nice candyflipped with a chunk of 70% chocolate.

tomtomthepipersson

For me it’s cake.

Luckily my wife loves baking as does my next-door neighbour. And my father in law who lives round the corner has just discovered baking. All three of them seem to be watching their weight and I hate seeing good food go to waste

I have carrot cake, a tray bake and some delicious twisty biscuit things to get through. It’s a tough life.

cheese@4p

IHN Nevermind your lardy cake deficit, you are coming back to chorley cake land
    Try +butter and cheese!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hooli

Dried Mango is officially the future.

All fine as long as you don’t have to shut the door to the home office without a gas mask. Also tricky on long zoom calls when you need your 23rd dump of the morning.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Biscoff biscuits spread with Whole Earth crunchy Peanut butter.

Have you tried the Biscoff biscuit spread? This is crack in spreadable biscuit form!

I discovered Hodmedods snacks when in lockdown last year as I was looking for a slightly healthier snack than nuts/crisps – roasted broad beans/peas in a range of flavors. Chilli & Lime or the smoked paprika are my favourites.
    https://hodmedods.co.uk/collections/roasted-and-canned-pulses?sort_by=best-selling

mahalo

we bought some of that Biscoff biscuit pread but struggled to find uses for it.

then we started spreading it on Biscoff biscuits!!

Houns

Ah so there’s another use for it aside from eating it from the jar with a tablespoon

MoreCashThanDash

Absolutely everything and anything in sight. Must stop

Yeah, this.

Special mention to Sensations mini poppadom things, and Giant Wotsits.

And fig rolls. Started buying them as a healthier biscuit. Not when you eat a packet a day.

My Chub Club 21 results speak for themselves

prettygreenparrot

you are coming back to chorley cake land

the dry, unappetising, and forgettable poorer relation  of the delicious Eccles cake. I suppose that’s the reason for the butter and cheese? One for moisture, the other for flavour? 😂

Though the price of Eccles cakes seems to have risen a lot over the past couple of years.

prettygreenparrot

Giant Wotsits

almost irresistible. So big. So cheesy. So delicious.

locomotive

M&S All Butter Pistachio and Almond Cookies.

I am surviving January by throwing money at expensive biscuits.

toby1

Have you tried the Biscoff biscuit spread?

I can’t bring myself to buy it as I know it will just end in a new addiction. It’s a biscuit flavoured spread, a sticky sugar syrup not even masquerading as anything better for you!

I do like to add the biscuit to the Peanut butter to up the sugar content of the no added sugar peanut butter.

All M&S cookies are subject to a very short life span with me around!

pondo

Last night’s Chinese/curry/pizza.

dc1988

I’ve got a sweet tooth and love crisps but have found that dried mango is surprisingly satisfying. The texture is quite a lot like beef jerky, the only issue is that it seems to taste surprisingly different between brands and even same brands between packets. When it’s good it’s really good but it can be decidedly average. I’m on a constant hunt for the perfect pack.

thols2

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ginger oat cakes with Philadelphia topped with lemon curd. Instant bite sized cheese cake.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

You wouldn’t have time to snack if you had proper jobs.

sprootlet
    Free Member

I’m baking quite bit so last weeks “snacks” were Delia rich fruit scones, the week before was my first ever chocolate brownies, “they’re too sweet, I don’t like chocolate that much!”- as he eats 2 a day until they’re gone.
    Week before that was chocolate and stout soda bread ……

His bought snacks seem to be Hot Bombay Mix

kilo

Mini Cheddars, jalapeño and cheese flavour, truly a gift from god in these dark days.

willard

Have been hitting the salty breadsticks (the really thin ones that break easily) recently. They seem to help food cravings at the 3:30 t 4pm period. If I need sugar, then I have the Kex Choklad as my secret weapon. Light, lots of “energy”

slowol

As it is now approaching Easter (OK so the supermarket started pushing them at me straight after Christmas) hot cross buns have become my snack nemesis. Toasted or not, with butter obvs.
    Might have to hide the scales until well after April is done.

MoreCashThanDash

Mini Cheddars, jalapeño and cheese flavour, truly a gift from god in these dark days.

I feel my evening exercise may involve a walk to the supermarket on the hunt for these.

Hot cross buns are a staple food at this time of year rather than a snack. With cheese if it’s a mealtime, straight out the packet any other time…..

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘WFH – Snack of Choice’ is closed to new replies.