Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • WFH – Snack of Choice
  • franksinatra

What are other STWers munching on throughout their working day.

I’m currently battling a significant dependency on Wasabi Peas. Been buying them in 1kg bags.
    I love the danger aspect of never knowing when you will bite on that viscous one that will deliver a wasabi fuelled punch to the back of your skull. Nom nom.

What’s you munch?

binners

I’m now addicted to these

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Organic quinoa.

And Maoam Pinballs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mashr

Stroopwafels

ads678

What ever snack bars I can get my hands on before my son hoovers them all up.

I’m dreading the day he starts drinking beer!

benp1

Walking downstairs is dangerous (I work in the loft). Three kids and a wife, all at home, lots of food knocking about…

Range of things, but trying to be vaguely healthy, I often find myself grabbing a (very large) handful of two of granola. Find it quite moreish and sometimes better as a snack than as a brekkie

franksinatra

Stroopwafels

Good choice. Essential to have a cup of tea though, it is a scientifically proven fact that you cannot eat a stroopwafel without a cup of tea in the other hand (same for custard creams)

toby1

Biscoff biscuits spread with Whole Earth crunchy Peanut butter.

There’s a reason I am not naturally a thin person!

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

Bourbon.

cheers_drive

homemade flapjacks – use dates and agave syrup instead of sugar

Harry_the_Spider

Espresso and Jaffa Cakes.

mogrim

Toast. Got into the habit of a couple of slices mid-morning, then another couple mid-afternoon. As well as 3 full meals of course.

tomparkin

Try to avoid snacking as my brain doesn’t seem to have an “off” switch with these things, so I tend to find myself starting e.g. a sharing-size bag of crisps intending to have a handful, and then eating the lot. Usually then followed up by something vaguely virtuous such as an apple, to somehow absolve the sin of gluttony.

thebibbles

A lot of coffee to get through home schooling as wine/beer in the morning is frowned upon.

Snacking on biltong and fruit during the day as well.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Avoiding 2nd breakfast is tough. Coffee machines took a hammering, as has the toaster.

hooli

Absolutely everything and anything in sight. Must stop

Pieface

Fruit or peanut butter on rice cakes. Occassionally a mid-afternoon kit-kat or slice of cake with a cup of tea.

BillOddie

Coffee

Beef Jerky

Fruit

Greek yogurt

Anything I can find in the treat box

Sweets that have been put away and subsequently forgotten about by the kids…

Also before Christmas I got through 2kg (yes you read that right) of Reese’s Peanut Butter cups in about 6 weeks.

So…a mixed bag…

benp1

Literally just come upstairs from a kitchen sortie. Have a lunchtime of meetings sadly.

Aeropress coffee, about half a dozen (full size) cheddars, and a bag of onion rings and lentil curls (one of each) as a snack while I’m zooming

p7eaven
    Free Member

Ideally I get by on apples, mixed nuts and raisins, King’s Black Bean Vegan Jerky, and Itsu seaweed snacks.

And for the most least part, yes. And very nice too. But wheat-delivery options are too readily-available. Sandwiches, biscuits and toast are probably killing me.

I love the danger aspect of never knowing when you will bite on that viscous one

Like that moment when chewing your earthwork jerky and it instantly returns to slimy wormflesh?

awkwardkid
    Free Member

All amateurs…
    Dried Mango is officially the future.

jimdubleyou

Tesco Chocolate & Salted Caramel rice cakes. 98 cal per cake. Not so good when you eat 3 in a sitting…

p7eaven
    Free Member

I also have a big bag of 100% sugar-free oldskool sweets ie chocolate eclairs, Everton mints, rhubarb and custard, rum and raisin toffee.

Some are really nice and keep my mind off heading to the bread-bin. But ‘isomalt’ seems to be secret code for a giant **** laxative 😬

Now limited to two sweets a day. It’s like how I imagine being an astronaut on a really rubbish year-long galactic mission.

thols2

Biscoff biscuits spread with Whole Earth crunchy Peanut butter.

Biscuits are unnecessary. All you need is a spoon. Or, if the jar is full, you can just lick it like and icecream.

Also, string cheese.

ElShalimo

Broiled woodcock (on the radiator)

pocpoc
    Free Member

Really trying to resist snacking while WFH as it’s a slippery slope combined with the lack of activity.
    I don’t have breakfast until 10am – 2 slices of seeded toast, one with butter one with peanut butter. Then something for lunch around 1pm. Then it’s resisting the afternoon snack options where it gets difficult. So much food around the house with three children and wife also at home. My mouth is watering now at the prospect of sweet treats and a coffee this afternoon. Damn you OP.

Coyote
    Free Member

It was everything I could lay my fat little fingers on until I spotted the scales starting to sweat as I approached. Now being really strict with myself. One protein bar a day and cut up apple off the knife and banana.

prawny

I’m so fat at the moment I’m trying to avoid snacking but I am making space for an Aldi Tru bar in cherry bakewell flavour. They’re blooming lovely. The chocolate orange ones are nice too and I’m assuming they’re helping me shit too which is nice.

johndoh
    Free Member

I can’t stop eating them.

binners

I also now buy my crisps in boxes…

The number of packets of crisps I’ve eaten since the start of lockdown might now be hitting 7 figures

daviek

I upset the wife by calling watsits Trumps toes …….. she hasn’t forgiven me yet

p7eaven
    Free Member

^
    🤣 Brilliant

And flaming cheetoes are probably out…

Shred
    Free Member

H&B Nutritious Nut Medley

robola

+1 for the stroopwafel. Annoyingly my favourite tea mug is just larger than the wafel so it can’t be balanced on top to melt the caramel.

oikeith

This morning on the shop noticed Pringles Kickin’ Sour Cream flavour rated as medium spice, they didnt make it past 11, very nice, as moreish as the original flavour with a slight kick at the end

dannybgoode

Trying to be really really good and hit my weight target for the first time in 20 years so, assuming I have done the exercise to permit it, one snack sized Snickers or 2 finger KitKat and maybe a handful of nuts or a bag of crisps.

Other than that fresh fruit only and snacks are banned.

mahalo

fizzy cola laces. liquourice flyers (ltd edition sours flyers atm) mini cheddars with primulea and Ass Kickin’ super sour cream Pringles

IHN

I will miss these after our imminent move back North

https://www.travelaboutbritain.com/recipes/wiltshire_lardy_cake.php

mahalo

This morning on the shop noticed Pringles Kickin’ Sour Cream flavour rated as medium spice, they didnt make it past 11, very nice, as moreish as the original flavour with a slight kick at the end

i love a pipe of pringles but holy shit these are the latest greatest thing of all time!!

i called at tesco to pick up some bits for my mum the other day and bought myself a tube – they didnt survive the rest of the journey to her house! then on the way home i had to stop again and stock up with another 5 tubes!!! mrs went shopping this week and they’ve sold out!

hatter

Spicy monster munch!

Because my taste buds are still 12 apparently.

Also, ALL the biscuits.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘WFH – Snack of Choice’ is closed to new replies.