Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • We’ve not had a motorcycle thread for ages…..
  • AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

Simmo, i was – still am – in the south west and used to ride mainly in Devon & Cornwall, SWeGA stuff etc etc. Used to enjoy it but we had a big stack and my driver who was getting on a bit took it as the final warning and jacked it in. I couldn’t afford to take over hence i now cycle as it’s cheaper ?!?! 😯

Simmo
    Free Member

AlwaysHorizontal

I did venture down to SWeGA for the best pairs last year, not ridden in cornwall since juniors.
    I do travel to Bristol and swindon when there is nothing local.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Is that a Garelli I see near the top?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It sure is a Garelli – my first bike. I now see my oldest son looking at it and I know exactly what he’s thinking…… lol

gavtheoldskater – I shall be in touch, my old man could well be interested in buying that.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

gavtheoldskater – no email in your profile?…

r6ymy
    Free Member

Ken_shields, just had a proper look at the Kwak – 4 cylinders! Did you build it? Was it a 500 with an extra middle cylinder? Bet it was quick – and thirsty!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Zedsdead…. not sure why the. Email isn’t there but

Gavtheoldskater ‘at’ hotmail.com

will get me.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Many thanks

ken_shields
    Free Member

r6ymy. No I didn’t. I wish I had the facilities to do stuff like that. It was just for Strato’s benefit. I was trying to find a site that has pics of all sorts bikes that have had massive engine mods. Like a 12 cylinder Z1300 (2 engines fitted together)

fivespot
    Free Member

Sold this last year. Now rebuilding another.

r6ymy
    Free Member

Is it a Sammy Miller Tiger Cub?
    Looks lovely.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

sweet bike fivespot

fivespot
    Free Member

Quite a few Sammy Miller bits, but I built it myself. Trick 35mm (Montesa)forks, steeper steering head angle, wide rear hub and swingarm etc. etc.
    Enjoyed building it, but never rode it.

RD350LC
    Free Member

Well here`s a picture of mine that I own a tricked up RD350LC also got a RD400e

schroedingers-cat
    Free Member

taka
    Free Member

honda xr75 found in a skip put some petrol in and cleaned the spark plug in and runs a dream needs a new gasket though leeking oil

got a red one of thease for xmas last year

despratley want one of thease

sunchaser
    Free Member

Like that RD350LC 8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Had one of those:

Had one of those:

Have of of these:

Badly want either of these:

cbike
    Free Member

I’m learning on one of these. To save diesel. Thats my excuse!

I’m sure real bikers will dissapprove.

ChrisA
    Free Member

my commuter on the days i commute and trackday toy

my summer sunday toy

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

heres mine, used for instructing and everything else!

rickmeister

Mrs Rickmeisters little “Pet”….

It was more of a minger with the original wheels,

Nice EBS race disc and Yam R1 caliper with custom mounting…

Its even more trick 660 hardcore brother,

Engine with Kent cam, polished and ported head setting the timing

After…

r6ymy
    Free Member

rickmeister – yellow frame hanging up on the wall looks interesting, what is it?

rickmeister

I think its either a Laverda frame (the guy is a laverda guru), which I doubt or a hand made jobbie for a Suzuki from the 80’s, like the ones that Seeley used to make for Honda’s, but for a Suzuki…. have to admit its not my garage! I may be wrong….. tried to call him, he isnt in!

rickmeister

Its a Saxon Motodd Laverda frame, very rare apparently. Harris was the word I was after, but its not one of those. HTH

smogmonster

My ‘beginners’ bike…to be replaced once either the new RSV4 or Streetfighter arrives in showrooms.

mikee
    Free Member

heres a pic of my shonky old 2 strokes

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Rickmeister,I like those XT’s,mine’s on page 1 of this thread.I bought it with the idea of rebuilding it to original spec but after seeing what yours look like I’m having second ideas!

gtkid
    Free Member

My SV1000, now has a pillion pod instead of the seat and braided hoses.

Testudograeca
    Free Member

Here’s my first ‘proper’ bike……

and here’s one of my current fleet……

Cheers,

Iain

Testudograeca
    Free Member

Colour-matched pair…….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

orangerider1970
    Free Member

I'll chuck some of mine up in the morning. Brit content.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

it's quite poignant that testudograeca was the last poster before the thread was resurrected.

RIP Iain

orangerider1970
    Free Member

Plus a BSA B25 StarFire in the garage, cant find any pictures other than the dodgy mobile ones.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Wow! I didn't realise what had happened to Iain! I'm so so sorry to hear that.

Life is too short my friends…

My thoughts go out to his family.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

yeah I was shocked when I heard it.

Stay safe folks.

JulianA
    Free Member

Just re-read this thread and found a few pics… Sad to hear of anyone not with us any more – I worked as a dispatch rider for a while and knew a couple of guys who got killed. I had the horrible job of dismantling one of the bikes involved. RIP Vincenzo Phillipone (aka Ago, for obvious reasons – the man who chamfered the pots of his R100RS while cornering) and Foggy (can't remember what his real name was – it was a long time ago).

Nearly didn't post these pics.

The V12 Kwak mentioned earlier

I had one of these (not this one). Nice until 5th gear went and the remnants went spoiling the rest of the engine…

And this was mine – wish I hadn't sold it for £325! Would be a little nest-egg now!

Also had a Benelli 654, but can't find the pics. Never actually rode it, but that's another story (involving financial hard times!)

taka
    Free Member

anyone interested in an 1975 honda xr75e same as this but ready to be fettled runs fine 4 speed would swap for a similar bike but bigger?

cheers tom

in west yorks

solamanda
    Free Member

RIP Testudograeca

Pair of twins…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘We’ve not had a motorcycle thread for ages…..’ is closed to new replies.