Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • We’ve not had a motorcycle thread for ages…..
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Whoaw! what a beast! This got me mobile and I have to say was a HUGE amount of fun.

Not exactly a fanny magnet though….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

And those Dukes are timeless.

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

A RD200DX. I rode one of those a few years ago for a friend of friends neighbours cousin type of scenario. They complained of some weird handling issue so i dult took it out and give a good thrashing, must say it was quicker than i’d expected it to be, but it did have an odd pulsing feel to it. I looked over it for ages before i spotted the problem, the rear sprocket basically had six spokes between the centre on the actual toothed part (imagine it to be similar in profile to a mtb disc) and only one of the remaining intact. So the whole sprocket flexed and twisted under load – i nigh shat meself has i’d been riding it flat out thinking it was probably only a loose headset or similar.

Btw that Kat rocks, as a small boy the woman across the way bought one when they came out, it gave me an erection before i knew what one was!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    r6ymy
    Free Member

When I was drooling over this at the bike show I neve imagined i’d own it six months later. It was bought by a record producer and run on trade plates, so I was the first registered owner. I was 19 when I bought it, getting insurance was interesting

The start of my ‘born again’ phase

Which then led to this, did a lot of track days on this one

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

That’s an early FZ750, i’ve got 1.75 (in total – split between various states of repair) FZ600’s and an pre RU Exup1000 that i really must try and sell sometime.
    Sadly no electronic pics tho’!

druidh
    Free Member

AlwaysHorizontal – Member

Btw that Kat rocks, as a small boy the woman across the way bought one when they came out, it gave me an erection before i knew what one was!

I was lucky enough to get one of the first in the country. It doesn’t look so outrageous now, but it would genuinely get passers-by just stopping and gawping.

I’m loving those newer Dukes above too. If I ever relented, I’d rather fancy a Multistrada though.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

biscuitandpotato – could I buy a copy of that film from you. I just looked it up and it looks ace!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Zedsdead – dang – too late to this thread as I could have identified them all – although I wasn’t totally sure if it was a garelli or a fantic cabalero (sp)

I lusted after the garelli when I was 16. They were the coolest.

The only two bikes I have left – neither running properly 🙁

The top one – anyone know what it is? The basic bike should be identifiable but what are all the non standard parts from?

mboy
    Free Member

SHIT THE BED r6ymy you’ve had some nice bikes!

A classic single cylinder Duc as your first bike, an original Mike Hailwood Rep at 19 (That’s impressive!) and an RC45!I’ll forgive you the R6 as it least it was a track bike 😉

Very very nice, you had any other exotics?

druidh, I’m with you on the Multistrada idea, I reckon for about 95% of riding on UK roads it would be about the ideal bike, if a little cosmetically challenged for most people!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

My CRM250 AR engined CR250 Enduro machine …
    Its like a torque MONSTER LOL..

ken_shields
    Free Member

My old VFR750 (now sold) 🙁

and I want one of these next

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

[/quote]Zedsdead – Member
    biscuitandpotato – could I buy a copy of that film from you. I just looked it up and it looks ace!

email me address, i’ll try sort one out over the weekend, my add should be website in my profile…. i thunk?

dickie
    Free Member

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

No pictures of my DT50 or Italjet that I had before this

No pictures of my MZ250 that was my grandads and some barsteward stole.

juan
    Free Member

Yum yum zed as usual…

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yeah, a motorbike thread. Well done Zed.
    Some fantastic bikes guys. :thumbsup:

Here’s my old girl…

5thElefant
    Free Member

My mate got one of those to do his CBT on years ago (I assume its a 100). I rode it back from the shop for him. It was slow. 45mph slow.

So I set about the exhaust. I was going to drill out the baffles. But I removed the baffle pipe and had a go on it for a laugh.

It did 70.

So it got left like that 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

strato

Here’s another kwak for you

5thElefant
    Free Member

Some onboard footage from my bike somewhere in spain…

kpt1972
    Free Member

Another italian steed

Simmo
    Free Member

My two toys

turboferret

First bike, the hugely suitable Suzuki DR750

KX500 Supermoto, which never quite got finished, did break my ankle when kick starting it though 😯

Little Apilia I bought for some off-roading, seized solid after a mile though 👿

Fastest bike to date, the awesome TL1000S, took it all over Europe 2 up 😛

Old KLX250 (older than my wife!) which requires a little TLC

Current stead, BMW R1100S

Although currently having it’s gearbox rebuilt 🙁

Cheers, Rich

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve always lusted after DR BIG. I was scanning ebay last night for one. Not that I’ve got any space left in the garage. Or the shed. Or the other shed. Even the shelves have 2 MX bikes on them 🙁

5thElefant
    Free Member

My Elefant, naked and wet after a good wash.

turboferret

The DR Big was a great bike, fantastic fun off-road too, if a little unwieldy 😆

Quite fancy getting another in good nick at some point, although I’d probably feel a bit prehistoric now I’ve ridden a few other things.

I remember one time after ending up in a rut, having fallen off the DR, with it trapping my leg between the bike and the bank. Considering it’s a 180kg bike dry, that’s a lot pinning you down! I needed to dig a hole to release my leg, fun fun fun 😆

Cheers, Rich

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes, my ‘fant weighs the same. I’ve parked that on top of myself (and on top of my mate’s bandit). 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Im in the middle of servicing my Honda XR400 and my KTM 525. The roads are still covered in gloop round here so my KTM990 is still looking bored in the garage. Anyone fancy some Green Laning round Oxfordshire once they are fixed ?

Harmitans
    Free Member

Treated myself to this at Xmas, and a box of Yoshimura goodies has appeared on my desk this morning.

Was going to wait for the weather to improve but couldn’t resist it, so it’s now filthy.

Trimix
    Free Member

It will now start rusting 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

"[/quote]Zedsdead – Member

email me address, i’ll try sort one out over the weekend, my add should be website in my profile…. i thunk? "

I can’t find your email? 🙁

Some fantastic machines here. We should have a STW ride some time…

benjag
    Free Member

Hi first post on STW and it’s the motorbike thread…. any-how here my other toy

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

great thread…

zedsdead and tandemjeremy, by any chance are you guys up to speed on classic brit bike prices? i’m trying to find out what this 1963 triumph tr5 trophy is worth (immaculate restored condition, matching numbers etc).

if you can offer any help it would be appreciated, my email is in the profile if you want to contact me.

s works and snaps, how do you get on with your sp1? i’m seriously thinking about buying one, seems to be some very good buys around at the moment.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

I can’t find your email?

biscuitandpotatoATgooglemailDOTcom

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

Simmo, I used to race on the grass going back about 10 years ago – passenger tho’ – proper silly sport!!
    What centre do you race in??

birky
    Free Member

Currently got these …

Simmo
    Free Member

AlwaysHorizontal

I ride mainly in South east, but travel all over, been riding for 18 years(seniors for last 13)so we have probably met!!

failedengineer

First time I’ve tried this – here’s mine:

druidh
    Free Member

Some of the new stuff is very nice – but it’s all looking a bit "samey".

Tiboy

Paging zedsdead, please can you get in touch regarding the ti frame, I can’t see your email address in your profile, cheers and sorry for posting here!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Some of the new stuff is very nice – but it’s all looking a bit "samey".

Eh? In the last 10 years bikes have started to look very different to what’s come before and each other.

Now pre-80s stuff. That does all look the same.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘We’ve not had a motorcycle thread for ages…..’ is closed to new replies.