Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • We’ve all done it – frying sausages on the passenger seat…
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

tomparkin – cyanosis quip. I like.

senorj

I used to work with a fellow who warmed pies up on the engine block!

doordonot
    Free Member

Presumably passenger door or window open in order for photo to be taken. No proof that the sausages are being cooked at that point. There is no danger.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

but I’d be astounded if you could displace enough O2 in a car for a butane burner to start burning inefficiently enough to produce CO, (let alone enough to cause a fatal CO dose) from a single canister of Butane

Moot point as its fairly obvious the door is open (and hopefully was while cooking) but the chemistry doesnt lie.

225g of butane, needs about 850g of oxygen, or about 4m3 of air. Guesstimate a mid sized hatchback maybe 6m3 so even without the CO thats an O2 level dropping to <10%. From air products an atmosphere with less than 10% O2:

Inability to move. Fainting almost immediate.
    Loss of consciousness. Convulsions. Death.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Those little butane burners don’t give off anything particularly nasty (certainly not CO) and the bottom of them doesn’t get particularly warm either

Err…..Butane stoves have been banned in most of Australia. People have died. They certainly do give off enough bad gas to kill you. I’ve read reports of people using them in tents too to keep warm but with little or no ventilation. Not ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=154&v=aDIWMp3cIPM

136stu
    Free Member

The cardboard on the seat is an empty 6 pack of cerveza – is this actually the vodka bottle woman?

CountZero

This may not be the best idea when it comes to the resale value of your car, but other than stained and smelly upholstery I can’t see a great deal of risk.

Compared to the state of the seats in many Motability cars I’ve driven, this is likely to be pretty minor.
    The worst ones are those where you go to pick up the car, and the front seats are wet…
    Then there’s the pet hair, cigarette stink and burns…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘We’ve all done it – frying sausages on the passenger seat…’ is closed to new replies.