Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • We’ve all done it – frying sausages on the passenger seat…
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

This picture should generate some amusing captions but that aside, why would you even consider doing this? This is a friend of a Facebook friend who decided to cook “indoors” as it was raining. They were on a trip to the Dales, not at home!

v8ninety

Depends whether she was on a motorway or an A road really

matt_outandabout
    boblo
    Free Member

Aaah but what’s in that bottle in the door pocket…? 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

Campari obvs!

franksinatra

It’s not that big a deal. What is the wurst that could happen?

Drac

The things you see from your window.

What is the wurst that could happen?

She could damage her banger.

richmars

Good to see she’s protecting the seat from the heat of the cooker with a bit of cardboard.

Oh, wait a minute…

racingsnail
    Free Member

The grease splattering into the seats is never going to come out, and your going to need a hell of a magic tree.

burt
    Free Member

Carbon Monoxide poisoning???

wordnumb
    Free Member

Top Gear make an aggressive move to attract Masterchef viewers.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Perhaps she’s going up against Deliveroo with freshly cooked at your door as her USP?

She’s nothing Toulouse I guess. Apart from her no claims bonus.

timbog160

Looks like she has a knack for it….

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m seeing several snags with that plan…

transporter13
    Free Member

I guess that answers the question as to what it’s like to live with ford focus owners🤷‍♂️

bsims
    Free Member

Was she in Lincolnshire or Cumberland?

Kuco

We use to have a bloke that used to fry everything on the front seat of his van.

qwerty
    Free Member

That was the default from factory, cooking position in our old bay window VW camper. To be fare to VW the passenger seat folded up out of the way & the cooker popped up in order to prevent sausage fat in the upholstery.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A woman who cooks sausages? What’s not to love?

sirromj

Is that mandrake hanging from the key fob?

v8ninety

Carbon Monoxide poisoning??

This may not be the best idea when it comes to the resale value of your car, but other than stained and smelly upholstery I can’t see a great deal of risk. Those little butane burners don’t give off anything particularly nasty (certainly not CO) and the bottom of them doesn’t get particularly warm either. If she was multitasking cooking a full English whilst on her morning commute I’d be more impressed concerned…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Mandrake the teddy bear?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Those little butane burners don’t give off anything particularly nasty (certainly not CO)

Not normally, but if you lit one in a car with the windows up the o2 level drops and it will.

tomparkin

Not normally, but if you lit one in a car with the windows up the o2 level drops and it will.

You can see as much from the picture – her face has gone blue.

v8ninety

Interesting theory; I feel you be overestimating the airtightness of a Ford Focus though. Also I’m pretty sure the windows are open…

finishthat
    Free Member

Low spec heated seats need assistance with most basic task 3/10

Harry_the_Spider

Looks hot.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

What’s that ring around the gear stick?

boblo
    Free Member

Show em a picture of yer bruised belly again Derek, that’ll put em off sausages 😊

timbog160

Ring around gearstick looks like some kind of hairband? Given that it’s raining outside windows look closed to me – otherwise wouldn’t you see rain on the top of the door? Sausages look like Richmond – not good but something of a guilty pleasure!

Whatever happens Tomparkin wins this thread 😂

Harry_the_Spider

Show em a picture of yer bruised belly again Derek, that’ll put em off sausages 😊

Bore off. That was 12 years ago and was a particularly nasty act of online bullying.

[edit]

Forgot the silly little face. 😀

boblo
    Free Member

Bore off. That was 12 years ago and was a particularly nasty act of online bullying

Was it? I just remember the horrible injury bit, it was a while ago though.

stumpy01

Still amazes me no one has come up with the retro-fit glovebox microwave for those moments when nothing but a Ginsters will do!

Drac

It was indeed some awful comments were directed at Derek. Let’s leave it there.

Interesting theory; I feel you be overestimating the airtightness of a Ford Focus though.

I feel you’re underestimating by a long way. I’ve been to few suicides where they’ve used those burners in the cars to kill themselves.

However it’s clearly evident that the passenger door is wide open.

Cougar

Bangernomics?

BigJohn

As she seems to be wearing a burqa I’m surprised she seems to be cooking pork sausages.

v8ninety

I’ve been to few suicides where they’ve used those burners in the cars to kill themselves.

You can see it’s a butane burner not a charcoal bbq right? Not wanting to doubt your experience, but I’d be astounded if you could displace enough O2 in a car for a butane burner to start burning inefficiently enough to produce CO, (let alone enough to cause a fatal CO dose) from a single canister of Butane. Those disposable BBQs however; deadly.

(Source of experience; HART responder for a few years)

Drac

Yeah they certainly do the trick. Not sure why you for the need to tell me you’re HART.

boblo
    Free Member

It was indeed some awful comments were directed at Derek. Let’s leave it there.

OK well, apologies to those affected, their families, loved ones, casual acquaintances etc. I only recall the picture not the kerfuffle. No intention to resurrect something painful. Over and out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bangernomics?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘We’ve all done it – frying sausages on the passenger seat…’ is closed to new replies.