Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Wetherspoon’s profits down by 19%
  • taxi25
    Free Member

Do you actually have as much hate for every Brexiteer, 

I think he does, real or imagined 🙁🙁🙁 sad, sad person.

dannyh
    Free Member

I think he does, real or imagined 🙁🙁🙁 sad, sad person.

Oh I do. But I’m a happy, happy person because I can see your cherished Brexit being blocked bit by bit until it is eventually spiked.

And you are a Brexiteer. Enthusiastic, not reluctant, and your act hasn’t fooled anybody.

taxi25
    Free Member

And you are a Brexiteer. Enthusiastic, not reluctant, and your act hasn’t fooled anybody.

You can’t help yourself can you, and your so wrong, wrong. What do you do for an encore, expose pediatricions as pedifiles ?

ransos
    Free Member

dannyh, you seem like a very bitter person as far as Weatherspoons & Dyson go. Do you actually have as much hate for every Brexiteer, or just the successful ones?

As has already been pointed out, the successful ones won’t be the ones who suffer. And Dyson is a dreadful hypocrite.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

dannyh. You certainly come across as a vile creature. How can you spout so much hate against a political belief/stance/view?
    You sad ****.

dannyh
    Free Member

How can you spout so much hate against a political belief/stance/view?

If the cap fits. It is a view borne of petty hatreds (just that a lot of people don’t like admitting it in public).

You can’t help yourself can you, and your so wrong, wrong. What do you do for an encore, expose pediatricions as pedifiles ?

Whoah, steady on there. Has the software developed a bug with your spelling? You’re about as convincing as Mel Gibson’s accent in Braveheart.

“Ye cannae take our freedom, cobber”.

Laughable.

dannyh
    Free Member

@esselgruntfuttock

Actually, as you are someone on STW who I have some respect for, I will take that as a sign I am getting too hot under the collar, and actually being a bit of a prat. Guilty as charged. Point taken.

I won’t stop ridiculing Brexit, though, it is just too ridiculous not to. But personalising it is not a good thing.

I will think a bit more before posting. I have broken my own rules today and posted a few things I wouldn’t actually say face to face. No excuses.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I won’t stop ridiculing Brexit, though, it is just too ridiculous not to

Go ahead. I’m against it also, but don’t forget (the *very* important) fact, that Brexit was a democratic decision. You need to start accepting that decision, it will happen.

sobriety
    Free Member

Brexit was a democratic decision

Although ill-informed and founded upon lies, which is an excellent reason to be really pissed off about it and fight it to the bitter end.

dannyh
    Free Member

You need to start accepting that decision, it will happen.

That is two separate points.

If I accept the decision then I have to accept that I am ashamed of my country. That hurts. It also makes me feel like I should start researching seriously into leaving it. What with family and friends I fear that would be too much of a wrench. I cannot accept that ‘decision’, and it was not, strictly speaking, a decision. Triggering Article 50 was, though.

I am genuinely not sure Brexit will actually happen, though. And yes, if it has to involve some dirty political machinations, then I would still be happy if it got spiked. Leave fought dirty in the run up to the vote, so that wouldn’t trouble me.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

@sobriety @danny

As much as I hate it also, the “decision” has been made and the government have a duty to uphold that. Democracy fails if the losing minority cannot accept the result.

If remain had won, how would you feel if that decision was overruled?

EDIT: if it can be proved as ill-informed, then great – but doubt that will happen now, sadly.

kimbers

If remain had won, how would you feel if that decision was overruled?

by another ref?

thatd just be more democracy, right?

If Tim Martin is happy to downgrade the country coz he doesnt like foreigners, then bully for him

personally I wont be going in one of his pubs again, tho as I said b4 the one nearest me is fairly horrible anyway!

sobriety
    Free Member

if it can be proved as ill-informed, then great – but doubt that will happen now, sadly

Would you like that on the side of a bus 😉

In all seriousness, I’m relaxed about the final outcome, most of the income of the company I work for comes from countries where our trade agreements/non-agreements are outside of the EU. So other than fun holidays and a devaluation of the pound, I’m unlikely to be seriously affected – and even if it all goes properly to shit I can claim my salary in US dollars…

This doesn’t stop me being seriously pissed off by the numpties who voted for it (come on, look at what the EU did to greece/spain/italy, then look at the quality of our “negotiators” and think they won’t do the same to us??) And the second they piss/moan about it, I will point out that whatever they’re pissing and moaning about is exactly what they voted for.

mefty
    Free Member

So much anger, have a pint. And as you are all worried about the costs of Brexit, maybe save a bit by having it at a Weatherspoons.

ransos
    Free Member

So much anger, have a pint.

That isn’t good advice for a healthy relationship with alcohol.

kelvin

You can have a cheap beer at home. If you go to a pub, it’s not just for beer, it’s for mixing with people and enjoying the location.

Northwind

esselgruntfuttock

How can you spout so much hate against a political belief/stance/view?

Because I work with teenagers who already had a shit enough time of it ahead compared to my generation and the generation before without having their country driven off a cliff. Some of them weren’t even allowed to vote on it but they’ll have to live in it for longer than most of us will. Brexit will make us all worse off- less money, less opportunities. Hate is too strong a word for how I feel, I’m a pretty mellow guy, but pretty extreme dislike is appropriate. About the same level as I felt for that dude that broke into my garage.

You can get the jail for vandalism, you’re not going to get away scot free for vandalising an entire country.

singletrackmind

BTW Tim Martin does not hate foreigners. he employs alot of them in his pubs . OK so it might be £7.50 an hour but there are hundreds of JDW staff who do not have a GB passport

timbog160

I think this is part of the problem with Brexit – and it started when the media started defining people as either leavers or remainers . It is a recipe for divisiveness. Most discussions about it very quickly reach the point where reason goes out the window. It’s a sad state of affairs in a country where previously people, by and large, used to get along…

Sandwich

BTW Tim Martin does not hate foreigners. he employs alot of them in his pubs .

Which asks questions about his business judgement. Many of his staff will likely be asked to depart the country. There’ll be no swift pint in ‘Spoons if that happens.

dissonance

Which asks questions about his business judgement.

Nah he is working on the theory that his fellow elites are all quite keen on the free movement of labour (not necessarily two way) so he will continue to get staff. His opposition is the vague “democracy” thing which I think in his case translates to getting rid of tedious rules and regulations.

taxi25
    Free Member

Many of his staff will likely be asked to depart the country. There’ll be no swift pint in ‘Spoons if that happens.

No they won’t.

EU citizens in the UK and a ‘no-deal’ Brexit

dannyh
    Free Member

Well, I had a splendid bike ride this morning, drifting and splashing my way around. Maybe that was why I was a bit crotchety yesterday – a nice ride always clears the head a bit and I usually go on a Saturday morning.

Yesterday I got well out of line and was rightly pulled up on it. Being described as ‘vile’ stung me and, although it took a while, I realised that this was a valuable wake up call. Now, feeling refreshed after a ride, I can see how far I had sunk into spouting hateful words. Effectively doing the very thing that runs counter to the campaign to remain in the EU. In short, not living by the positive values that go hand in hand with that campaign:

Inclusivity.
    Internationalist.
    Facing the future and not fearing change.

And most importantly (and the one I fell well short of):

Hope not Hate.

So, I am going to stop the mudslinging from a keyboard, and put my efforts much more positively into the campaign to remain. I’m a bit giddy about it, as I have never really gone in for any kind of political activism, and I’m sure it won’t be easy. But struggling for a positive good is always worthwhile and much more rewarding than sitting back and sniping at the other side. After all, if we do achieve the goal of staying in the EU it will be much harder to build bridges with people who were on the other side if all I have done is insult them!

Sorry to anyone who felt insulted by my posts, and that is a genuine apology as it was (wrongly) my intention to be insulting at times.

Thanks for setting me straight and giving me a new sense of purpose guys.

nick1962
    Free Member

Good to hear dannyh and big of you to say so too.I’ll retract my cryptofascist slur about you now 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

See you in the pub dannyh 😉

timbog160

Fair play 👍

taxi25
    Free Member

Fair play

+1
    In the same spirit I’ll refrain from commenting on the “leave means leave” march thread.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Wetherspoon’s profits down by 19%’ is closed to new replies.