Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • WeThePeople BMX styled Klunker
  • kerley
    Free Member

Looks nice. Would say more MTB inspired than BMX though. Unfortunately the sort of bike I would buy and ride a few times and then go off it due to excessive weight and the sloppiness of it.

drewd

Nice!

kayak23

Just watched that over on Pink****.

Looks fantastic. Lovely looking thing. Still, Don’t think it would tempt me at 1k.

trumpton
    Free Member

looks real nice. shame they put a straight steerer on it and no gears though.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I really can’t see how this would fill any gap or need in my life.

Still nice though.

tthew

I really can’t see how this would fill any gap or need in my life

It’s ‘a bike’. For knocking about on. Nip down the shops, go to the pub, summer bimble in t-shirt/shorts/straw hat combo, park with the kids, learn to wheelie.

Brilliant, the absolute best kind of bike. You could say it’s expensive for what you get, but that’s the kind of bike you’d get the most use from. Could it replace one of my current bikes though? 🤔

bigblackshed

kerley
    Free Member

It’s ‘a bike’. For knocking about on. Nip down the shops, go to the pub, summer bimble in t-shirt/shorts/straw hat combo, park with the kids, learn to wheelie.

Whereas if I was to use one if would be my only bike and used for gravel roads and single track with a bit more pissing about in on tarmac between than I do currently. Probably a great bike for me if I could get over the fact I wouldn’t be fast anywhere on it and the weight of it would get to me more than it should.

sharkattack

shame they put a straight steerer on it and no gears though.

Because if you make it too much like a normal mountain bike, you’d be much better off on a normal mountain bike.

I like it. Especially since the Charge Cleaver never made it into production. Top money though, I’ll never buy one. Maybe if I lived in a more bike friendly area. Don’t fancy getting crushed by a Range Rover while trying to make a retro fashion statement.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I like it to. As ever it depends where you live. It would be a good play bike if you had something local. A good town bike but not really for a long commute.

I am really liking these retro bars, would like a pair for my inbred as I have that set up in a similar fashion. Are there any after market bar like that available?

gummikuh

I would say you want to look for BMX cruiser bars. Go to somewhere like ALANS BMX, they would have those sort of bars.

tthew

…the weight of it…

I looked at the pink bike article. 😲 Must be made out of cro-mo bar, not tube. After romanticising about it, I reckon repurposing my SS MTB might be a better idea.

joemmo
    Free Member

a few BMX brands do lifestyle bikes like this. WTP are a German company so maybe it’s aimed at civilised urban bike path bimbling despite the gravel gnar marketing

RustyNissanPrairie

A bit expensive and the disc brakes aren’t exactly ‘keeping it real’. I bought a Transition Klunker after giving up on the Charge Kleaver – I wanted a simple faff free bike that wouldn’t age and for hooning about with my dog chasing and for rides with my Mrs on her Pashley when a 160mm endurognarr or a clipped in gravel bike were too much, also N+1

upload pic

bigblackshed

I am really liking these retro bars, would like a pair for my inbred as I have that set up in a similar fashion. Are there any after market bar like that available?

Stooge Junker bar or Surly Sunrise. The Junker has the perfect backsweep, don’t be put off by the specs, they just work. You’ll also wonder how you managed with bars with no backsweep after riding them.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘WeThePeople BMX styled Klunker’ is closed to new replies.