Wet Wet Wet

Home Forum Chat Forum Wet Wet Wet

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wet Wet Wet
  • Premier Icon seven
    Subscriber

More rain more flooding, more daft driving

Swamped Porsche

The bit I love about this is that drowned porsche at the end, still has the windscreen wipers going, rather futile I would have thought, but top marks for waterproofing of the electrical system 🙂

Dickyboy

@ 1:10 into video – as above it tickled me too 🙂

no wonder the driver didn’t want to be filmed about that little excursion

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

just got back from a walk with the dog….had to put me wellies on. 🙄

jools182

German engineering 🙂

quite a sad sight though

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I presume it got stuck before the water got so high and they didn’t just try to drive it through that!

Dickyboy

On the basis that the driver & passenger had to be rescued & that he didn’t want to appear on camera – leads me to suspect that the driver had his brain sucked out by aliens before starting up his lovely little german motor this morning…

Martin B

If you look closely at the Porsche you will see the Windscreen wipers are still working, despite the roof level water 😆

druidh

“A couple who got stuck in what very much looked like a ford”

Imagine paying all that money for a Porsche and someone thinks you’re driving a Ford 😆

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Martin B – have you seen this thread? 😆

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

Dickyboy – or else the driver was playing away and it wasn’t aliens…. 😀

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

I think you mean Fjord? 😉

cynic-al

LOL at the Porsche driving idiots.

“It’s only 4 feet deep, I’m sure we’ll be fine”.

If only it had been an Audi 🙁

Premier Icon Kona TC
    Subscriber

cynic-al – Member

“It’s only 4 feet deep, I’m sure we’ll be fine”.

and if not we will be rescued by others putting their lives at risk.

Dickyboy

or else the driver was playing away and it wasn’t aliens

in which case that is a mighty impressive “creating a reason to stay away for the night” excuse & I hope she/he was worth it 🙂

lucien

Just realised that’s just down the road from me, I ride that way quite a lot – maybe I’ll stay on the turbo tonight 😯

maxtorque

I’m not entirely sure that any “lives” were actually risked in rescuing those silly people from that puddle. Yes, they propably got their socks and trousers wet, but life threathening, i don’t think so………….

Premier Icon manton69
    Subscriber

I’ve pulled people out of that bit of road before. There is a socking great gauge board telling people how deep it is and they still go through!!! No accounting for stupidity I suppose and that site is not flowing as it is more of a pond so we just get the dry bags out and haul them out.

Premier Icon pictonroad
    Subscriber

I’m currently on duty in the incident room, there’s a LOT of water in places, be careful out there, manhole lids have lifted, if you can’t see the ground don’t walk in it…

Jujuuk68

I’d me more amazed if it was an Alfa Romeo and the electricals were still working fully. On a dry day in June.

Premier Icon 40mpg
    Subscriber

Thats not far from me too. The road dips under a railway bridge and always floods, its been closed for weeks because of this. The porsche driver would have to drive round the plastic road closed barriers and ignore the 2 depth markers showing 4ft to get there.

People really are their own worst enemies 🙄

The cheeky trails along thd riverbank are best avoided for a while too!

On another note, the FC have been carrying out riverbank works just upstream from here to create a wetland habitat. Seems they got there moneys worth!

grantway

Raining in East London no stop today and even now into the evening
    Drains are now blocking and overly large puddles swamping some pavements.

Dickyboy

The porsche driver would have to drive round the plastic road closed barriers

insurance claim is going to make interesting reading

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wet Wet Wet’ is closed to new replies.