Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wet pavement can be slippery. Who knew?
  • SaxonRider

Just sitting here waiting to be picked up by Mrs SR, as I have had an ‘off’. Turning off one paved path onto a cobbled section, the bike shot out from under me like I was on ice.

Apparently, we have just enough rain to bring the slime to the surface, but not enough to wash it away.

Whatever the case, my elbow hurts. 🙁

scaredypants

consider yourself no better than Cancellara 😐

(edit) Hang on, weren’t you going to ride with molgrips? Did he leave you grovelling on the cobbles and ride off laughing?

sirromj

Caught me out a couple of years ago too; as I flew toward the ground it seemed like a good a time as any to high five the pavement, except it wasn’t and result was painful swollen thumb for however long it was.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Jon Bon Jovi discovered this ~30 years ago and decided to make it the title of an album! 😆

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Does this require a bike forum to get this info out in the open though…?

Try a therapist.

monksie
    Free Member

Christ fella! Is there anything that doesn’t warrant a new thread from you?

SaxonRider

Double post. See edited one, below.

SaxonRider

Christ fella! Is there anything that doesn’t warrant a new thread from you?

Weird response. As, I might add, is the one above it.

Over the years I have been on here, we have discussed everything from religion to video games to vehicles to wood burners to bike parts.

I had a fall, was sitting with my phone waiting to be picked up, and thought my situation would either elicit a smile or grimace of recognition seeing as we have all likely been in the same situation at one time or another.

Is it so odd that I might have started a bit of banter about it?

rOcKeTdOg

I for one am glad you reported this incident, BBC breaking news have completely missed it!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ignore them
    Some folk start threads some dont – I almost never start them
    If you dont want to read dont – its not like the thread title didn’t give it away

Get well soon OP

Trimix
    Free Member

He still read your thread though 🙂

tenfoot

You carry on SR. Some good discussions and comedy (joe cocker) come from your threads.

Hope the damage is nothing serious.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wet pavement can be slippery. Who knew?’ is closed to new replies.