Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wet Boardwalks at Gisburn
  • mekon
    Free Member

Was at Gisburn today and it was wet…well actually it was bloody soaked. First time i’ve been over the boardwalks when they are saturated and my bike just went, same thing happened to my mate behind. Funny enough both using Nobby Nics. Saying that we could bearly walk on the things.
    Any tips on wet wood riding? “Yeah..be bloody careful” I hear you say.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Stay as up right as possible, don’t brake and clench your sphincter!

fasthaggis

Imagine it’s black ice ,then ride it 🙂

seavers
    Free Member

Yep, had the same thing too. Think I was on NN/RR combo at the time. I didn’t touch the brakes, just turned the handlebars slightly and my bike flew off to one side from underneath me! Probably going too fast and didn’t realise just how slippy they get.

damascus
    Free Member

Yes, I was there a few weeks ago and we all complained. Wonder what will happen Thursday night for the Halloween ride?

fasthaggis

mekon
    Free Member

I wasn’t even moving that much…glad for the heavy mushy bog either side.

Houns

There was a similar thread about this a couple months back…. Hang on….

mekon
    Free Member

Fasthaggis..yeah, that would be a solution. Damascus, some of the trails are in a bit of a state after the recent heavy rain, have fun.

robarnold
    Free Member

What wheel size for wet boardwalks at Gisburn? 😀

mekon
    Free Member

Cheers Houns…that gif on page2, nasty.

anotherstan
    Free Member

What wheel size for wet boardwalks at Gisburn?

i was there today on the fat bike, had no problem on the boardwalks, or any other part of the trails for that matter :mrgreen:

metruscan
    Free Member

Not a supporter of the chicken wire solution. Fall off on it and its like landing on a giant cheese grater!! Don’t go too fast and ride normally. Think about it too much, and you start to look down, then you start thinking how high off the ground you are!

grum
    Free Member

Funny enough both using Nobby Nics

Think I was on NN/RR combo at the time.

mekon
    Free Member

Yep, could be a big (ahem) nob problem. Shame because nn’s are perfect for the rest of the place.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wet Boardwalks at Gisburn’ is closed to new replies.