• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • West London – Decent curry around…..
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Isleworth, West London.
    I work here but know nothing of the area. In theory there should be dozens of places but it’s sorting the wheat from the chaff really!
    Something within a mile or two of Isleworth satiation would be perfect. I’ve got one recommendation but I’m open to suggestions. 🙂
    Also, any other suggestions considered (not Chinese)

Cheers. 🙂

kimbers

brentford tandoori

watch out though, last time i went i ended up with 6 stitches and a sprained thumb

hilldodger
    Free Member

Cinnamon Lounge is close to your shop (down St John’s Rd, turn L onto Twickenham Rd) and OK otherwise it’s into Hounslow and take your pick/chance

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Kimbers – Not the sort of thing I want to hear, TBH….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hilldodger, yes, I was just looking at them on Trip Advisor. A bit more spendy but it looks good actually

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’d suggest something a bit leftfield and heading to Southall for some Sri Lankan food instead. Similar to Indian, minus the cream. Try Palm Palace.

It’s also very cheap!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Jolly’s in Whitton. Not too far from your shop b

aP
    Free Member

We like Simply Spice on the Twickenham Road – as its got a good range of vegetarian foods, and the masalas contain recognisable foodstuffs rather than being blended slop. It is formica tables and seats, if that’s something you’re ok with.
    Otherwise Lahore opposite the bus station has good things, or actually if you’d like to splash out a little then Poppadums on Ferry Quay in Brentford is very nice – you may even have Shahrukh Kahn sitting at the next table for lady swooning action.

jairaj

I’d suggest something a bit leftfield and heading to Southall for some Sri Lankan food instead. Similar to Indian, minus the cream.

+1 (although real Indian food doesn’t use cream)

I’d head over to Southall Broadway for some real South West Asian food. You’ll find more authentic North Indian, Sri Lankan and Pakistani food.

The North Indian and Pakistani food may have similar names to curry places you’ve eaten at before but should be made to a more authentic recipe.

The South Indian or Sri Lankan food will be very different from a curry. I’d recommend trying out a Dosa if you haven’t had one before.

I can’t recommend any specific places as its been ages since I’ve been to Southall, I mostly eat Indian food around Harrow and Wembley which might be a bit too North for you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

watch out though, last time i went i ended up with 6 stitches and a sprained thumb

How are you breaking your poppadoms ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The best places are full of locals and have no alcohol licences

Had a fabulous Turkish kebabs with rice and salads last night £9 – still full today. North London though but just saying.

hegdehog
    Free Member

If you want something delivering in that area this guys food is superb, he makes one of, if not the best curry i’ve ever tasted (& i used to live near Brick Lane)..

http://www.classiccurrycompany.com/index.html

Andy_B

Giftos in Southall is the only place my Asian colleague considers on a par with his mum.

Hopefully this is after work stuff and you’ll be sticking to kebabs for lunch?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Poppadums looks lovely but might be a bit too posh TBH.
    If it was me I’d be looking at one of the authentic unlicensed places full of locals, but theres 6 of us and it’s meant to be a night out…..
    aP – Simply Spice? Do you mean Samis Spice? I’ve already been recommended there. It’s in the running certainly.
    EDIT
    Found it. Looks perfect. Very likely to got here I think! Cheers!! 🙂
    Andy, Southall is a bit too far in the wrong direction really, but it does look nice. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The North Indian and Pakistani food may have similar names to curry places you’ve eaten at before but should be made to a more authentic recipe.

I’ve been to India, I’ve had the real deal. It’s lovely. 🙂
    The closest I’ve had in the UK is the Indian YMCA.

kimbers

I didn’t injure myself in the curry house, it was cycling home with a takeaway

My mixed tandoori grill survived, the wife korma was a mess, the poppadons were a write off

Still a good curry place
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/who-doest-wear-a-helmet-when-popping-to-the-shops

aP
    Free Member

So where did you go then?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘West London – Decent curry around…..’ is closed to new replies.