Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • West Leeds (Headingley) routes
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Got another 5 weeks staying with the outlaws in near Headingley and as it’s been a good few years since I was in this neck of the woods I’m wondering what the trail situation is locally. Anything around that will give me an hour or two riding pretty much from the door? Any no-go areas I need to be aware of?

Had a little spin around the woods near Carnegie today, but there must be something else near by too.

Anyone want to share……..please 🙂

TomHill
    Free Member

All a bit wet round here at the moment, but Meanwood Valley Trail out to the jumps at Adel is always good. Plenty of fun bits and pieces to explore.

If you’ve got a car, then Stainburn is 20 min drive away. Or, hop on the train to Ilkley, Shipley, Calder Valley etc

Potdog
    Free Member

Drove past Bramley Falls wood yesterday, anything there? Or am I likely to be de-biked riding around that area?

Potdog
    Free Member

Where do you pick up the Meanwood Valley trail Captain? I guess my nearest landmark is the big roundabout at the top of Headingley, Adel is just up the road from there, so I’m guessing it’s not far away.

TomHill
    Free Member

Ride down to Meanwood Park, head towards the woods, and generally follow your nose. You’ll eventually get to the ringroad, go under the underpass, and keep following your nose, and you’ll get to the Adel jumps. Would happily show you around, but I’m not in Leeds much over the next week or so.

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers Captain, I’ll check with the outlaws, I’m sure they will point me in the right direction!

TomHill
    Free Member

Meanwood Park – ride to Meanwood. Head down the road to Waitrose. Keep riding along that road, and after 2 mins, you’ll reach the entrance to the park!

carlosg
    Free Member

Wanna go out for a quick pootle one evening soon ? I live near Horsforth train station but my local 13.89 mile (according to Endomondo)local loop goes through Headingley , I’m no speedfreak it takes me anything between 1.20 and 1.45 depending how fit I feel. I could meet you at the crossroads before the Arndale centre in Headingley and do the route from there.

email in profile. 😀

ComradeD
    Free Member

Im based in Headingley as well. Im free most weekends if u fancy a trip up Meanwood valley

email in profile

Potdog
    Free Member

Cheers guys, been “internetless” for a bit. Will drop you an email when I know when I can get out next (but pretty flexible unless we have some sort of trip planned). Thinking of heading over to Lee Quarry tomorrow morning to see what it’s like there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘West Leeds (Headingley) routes’ is closed to new replies.