Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • We’re not the only ones disenchanted with our politicians
  • slowoldman

cornholio98
    Free Member

S hit lords 🤭🤗

epicyclo

Same foreign billionaires run their media as ours….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Politicians…

2 faced

Lying

hypocritical

Every one of them.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They hide away in defended locations. They need a house brick to the face, on their doorstep, because violence is the thing they are most afraid of!

hatter

Whens the last time any of you actually went along to your MP’s surgery or spoke to your councillor?

If you have and didn’t think much of them, have you researched the alternatives, done any campaigning or considered running youself?

Democracy is a participation sport, its very easy to sit on the sidelines and say they’re all scum, much harder to actually make a difference.

kerley
    Free Member

done any campaigning or considered running youself?

Yep, that is exactly what you should do but I would be just wasting my time.  My MP is conservative with a 65% majority who has been in his seat for over 20 years.  Unless I stood for the conservative party I could never win (however amazing a campaign I ran or what a great personality I was as connecting with people)

What do I do in that case in this great democratic system?  Stand as a conservative and then vote against every single thing during my time while elected?  Is that the best you could do?

matt_outandabout

Whens the last time any of you actually went along to your MP’s surgery or spoke to your councillor?

Just had a chat last night on the way home, and I think we might see him out riding this weekend. Does that count?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/malcolm-turnbull-liberal-party-fear-comes-to-pass/10160764?section=politics

Bit more background as to what that was really about.

In reality it’s the demise of the moderate, the extremes are weighing in and holding the mainstream hostage. Turnbull was never the out there right wing conservative but a little bit too pro business for the Labour party. Certainly the last of a generation in some ways.

Also as above it’s got a lot to do with 3 year terms as which mean by the time you get your feet under the desk your practically campaigning again so you can’t commit to longer term policies that need to be done. Anything you embark on will be taken apart by the opposition if they get in, the issue that kicked all this off was the environment he was ousted as leader of the opposition over climate and emissions trading,

The traditional left/right is blowing up as it becomes a coalition of people who really don’t like each other..

I admire his sense of decency to step down in the same was Julia Gillard did and the way Abbott never did, the pics of him in the back benches plotting and sniping were a constant undermining of his position.

I’d say for all of this Australian politics would be a lot better with Turnbull and Gillard back in there. There are some decent ones in there.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p class=”first”>It’s taken 14 years for the Liberal Party to work Malcolm Turnbull, like a splinter, out of its flesh.</p>
    And in a final bout of demented junkie-scratching, they’ve finally done it…

…It’s the greatest rejection of his life. And this is a man whose mother walked out on him.

That’s the thing about Aussies, I wish they would just say what they really think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘We’re not the only ones disenchanted with our politicians’ is closed to new replies.