Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • We’re going to need a bigger planet….
  • matt_outandabout

Dear me. It looks like a Chinese copy, blinged up for Trump and his rich Russian backers. Plus, it’s the size of a small moon and will consume enough resources to singlehandedly raise global temperatures by another degree and start a war over the steel needed to build it.

I bet it’s popular.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/new-bmw-x7-and-its-huge

piemonster

Looks cheap.

Isn’t.

Klunk
    Free Member

we can’t even say we’re going out in style :/

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m sure the new X7 release is in no way related to the release of the new off-road Rolls either in its timing or indeed it’s design beneath the ‘challenging’ looks.

thepurist

Still looks better than the Bentley suv. But so does an allegro vanden plas.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I like, I’ll have one in white, V8 please.  I’ll offset its pollution by not having spawned, oh wait, I’ve a non compliant wood burner what shall I do……..

CountZero

How tall must the ugly tree be that that thing fell out of? It certainly hit a lot of branches on the way down! I’ve seen a Bentayga, and it’s nothing like as fugly as that. But then, I’m no fan of BMW styling in general, that is the culmination of years of perfecting really nondescript styling language. I thought they’d reached their nadir with the X6, but no, they’ve truly excelled themselves with that monstrosity.

fadda

I like some of the recent “ordinary” BMWs, in an “ordinary” kind of way, but that is truly horrible… 🤮

john_drummer
    Free Member

looks alright to me although I doubt it’d fit on my drive. I doubt even an X5 would fit on my drive. likewise a Q7

My X3 does fit, next to Mrs D’s Citroen C2, but this is as big as I can go…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To do with rolls Royce?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Motor_Cars

You mean a common chassis and design bits?

CheesybeanZ

Better than the 6 monstrosity.

fooman

I remember when 265bhp made a car quick, this must have body of depleted uranium. One positive, proper roof rails are back.

v8ninety

Just looks like any other beemer. Unremarkable, a bit brassy, capable. It’ll be effective at it’s given job, and a proportion of other drivers will think that the beemer driver is a twunt. The beemer driver will feel smug. These are broad generalisations, but will be more often true with this car, than say, a big Volvo or  Discovery.

RustySpanner

If we’re going to survive as a species were going to have to drastically reduce our population.

I’d suggest we start with culling everyone who even gets slightly aroused at the thought of owning a ”premium SUV’.

I’d continue by forcing everyone who owns a ‘trail dog’ to consume the waste produced by said animal, and removing gas and electricity supplies for those who own a woodburner. Give them an artisan axe and see how long they cope.

Enforced sterilisation for anyone who bought one of those electronic  things that told you how to set your forks up.

Stop and search for all cyclists. People who have been found to be using Strava should be shot at the side of the road.

Happy days….

RustySpanner

Oh, and a universal one child policy.

Keep your filthy genes to yourself.  🙂

hopefiendboy

Dont worry. Its a BMW and will probably spend more time in the dealer having gremlins fixed 🙂

tjagain

Rusty for prime minister!

brakes
    Free Member

is there a plan here? are they making massive heavy cars so that when they’re all electric and have massive long-range batteries in no-one will notice?

JoeG
    Free Member

Not even as large as a Chevy Suburban.

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/suburban-large-suv

SaxonRider

I look forward to the queues of traffic around my place as the perfectly manicured mums drive their daughters to the local private school in their leased X7s from their heavily-mortgages houses nearby, without a thought for anyone else in the world.

Go materialism!

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is a “no indicators” option in the order tick list.

🤩☄️🥊

cranberry
    Free Member

A universal one child policy… unless.. you have ever banged on about climate change and then had children.

Then your all of your polluting spawn get turned into Solyent Green.

kerley
    Free Member

I remember when 265bhp made a car quick

That was before the days of crash protection, air bags and other safety stuff.  The original Golf GTI weighed 800kg for example, a weight which would now be seen only on a super light track orientated car.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I remember when 265bhp made a car quick,

I remember when 0 – 62 mph in  7 seconds was considered quick.

The original Golf GTI weighed 800kg for example

And it took 9.2 seconds to get to 62 mph.

Did anyone notice the name of the band on the dashboard?

jonnyboi

It’s easy to forget how flipping massive all cars have become nowadays, even super minis.

I was behind a lovely 1990 Celica GT4 yesterday and was shocked how tiny it was compared to literally everything else on the road

senorj

I may vote for rusty.

Houns

Ah the indicator comment

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m a cliche’ bore.

I quite like some of their nattering, but I think the vids are 7mins too long.

Flaperon

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Meh, another big pointless car to add to the list….

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They could spec a proper tow-hitch on the grille, thereby allowing multiple SUV ‘trains’ for the 1 mile school run.  Each car would become a ‘carriage’ in the train. Simply appoint a different driver-parent each day, freeing up an extra hour or two for the other parents to earn more £££ to pay for their new car. Earning just £20 p/h/day more would help.

SUV trains are the future.  Almost like a traffic queue but only slightly more perplexing.

RustySpanner

Everyone should be free to choose what they drive.

From a list compiled by me, of course.

Everyone gets to choose one vehicle from  the following comprehensive list:

An electric/hydrogen powered 2CV.

An electric/hydrogen powered VW T1.

Something for everyone there I think……

Marko

Time VED (aka ‘Road tax’) was based on volume as well as pollution.

CountZero

I doubt even an X5 would fit on my drive. likewise a Q7

You’d be surprised, it’s probably shorter than my Octavia. I had to get a Q7 off a parking space that was formerly a front garden, it was parked at an angle in order to fit in the space. It was bloody nerve-wracking trying to ease the sodding great thing through the gate, with the (former) owner in the house.

Still, people happily buy a T4/5 VW van to use as everyday personal transport, which are only slightly bigger than a Q7… 😉

kayla1
    Free Member

Thanos was right.

****y car for ****y people. Rusty for president of the world.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still looks better than the Bentley suv. But so does an allegro vanden plas.

Allegro, you say?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rusty for president my arse.

Typical nagging-leftie-nanny-state-I’ll-tell-you-how-to-live-your-life-finger-wagging bollocks.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘We’re going to need a bigger planet….’ is closed to new replies.