Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • were can i buy a 10mm axle
  • trailmoggy
    Free Member

just got a hope pro2 rear hub thats 10mm bolt through but i cant seem to find an axle

any ideas?

trailmoggy@hotmail.co.uk

freeman
    Free Member

CRC do a DT one i think….

freeman
    Free Member

Its £43.99 mind…… 😯

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i know its a bit steep

freeman
    Free Member

Depends if you want tool less wheel removal. I bought a plain old alloy 12mm bolt thru axle from a firm (cant remember what they were called) and that was £30!! DT reliability goes a long way.

Duane…
    Free Member

freeman- BETD?

freeman
    Free Member

Thats the one!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member
    trailmoggy
    Free Member

i had a 10mm funn bolt on my last hub, but can’t find another for love nor money

removal with either allen key or qiuck release does’nt really bother me

i just want the siffness

the one on the link looks like it may do the trick but their out of stock unfortunatly

if i though for a second i’d have this much bother i’d of kept my last bolt

and were do they get their prices from £30 for whats nothing much more than an alloy bolt

mda

The best ready-made solution I’ve found is the Hadley 10mm thru bolt at £35 plus postage from Northwest Mountain Bike Centre. Or for about half the cost check out the Hope Pro 2 Saint axle bolt from CRC plus an M10 x 1.0 ti nut from tastynuts (part no. TISPN10FF). You’ll need to get the thread on the Hope bolt extended a bit or use some washers.

dicky
    Free Member

Trailmoggy, you can buy the Hope ProII with fun bolts if you want, instead of bolt through.
    I’ve run a Hope ProII as both bolt in (which is the fun bolts) or bolt through, using the 10mm axle listed above from MTB direct. I found a better option though, which is an 10mm QR axle from Chumba Racing – it just looks like a thicker QR and seems to do the job well. I found the fun bolts all too easy to round off.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

thought of that but theres non in stock anywere

i’m avin a nightmare

mtb-direct
    Free Member

hi sorry – that’ll be why we’ve not sold any in a while!!

oops…… they are in stock and the listing on the shop has been amended.

Reverse Components also do a 135x10mm qr axle, but these tend to sell out as soon as we get them in.

so they rarely even make it onto the website. However I’ll add them now, so you can see if they’d be anymore suitable for you.

Cheers
    Col.

http://www.mtb-direct.co.uk
    01457 864 606

trailmoggy
    Free Member

sorted just orderd on

many thanks for all your help fellas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘were can i buy a 10mm axle’ is closed to new replies.