Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Went for a wee pedal @ Cathkin Braes after work…
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware that it was heavily populated by doggers, cruisers, and odd men who lurk in bushes.

Illuminating.

I also need a new pop-lock control where it smashed into my knee pedalling through a burn 🙁

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Of course you didnt. 😆

Cougar

Let me get this right.

You rode through a dogging area and broke your pop-lock?

arrpee
    Free Member

‘fraid so. Not a place I’d frequent alone of an evening. The proximity to Chateau au Lait also adds a certain frisson of jeopardy.

It’s hilarious nightriding there in winter. Cycling past the car park with your lights on typically results in their mistaking you for the cops, cue panicked attempts to simultaneously get dressed and drive off.

The solo males seemingly appear at all times of the day and night. My mate recently rounded a corner and surprised a young chap vigorously ransacking his dignity in the middle of the trail.

Still, gets them out in the fresh air I suppose…

maccruiskeen

and odd men who lurk in bushes.

Illuminating.

I think the word you are looking for is ‘flashing’

Still, gets them out in the fresh air I suppose…

same thing

althepal

Some nice wee bits up there- freeflowbikes used to do Thursday night rides up there and was shown some tricky wee bits that are fun- a bit gnarr for my tastes but the ones I had a go at were fun!
    Good view from the carpark and pretty isolated so can imagine why it’s popular at night!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I wonder if the new windfarm would be better for night riding. I know they are keen to bring in cyclists to the area.

hels
    Free Member

Is this not where the Commonwealth Games MTB will be ? Big audience for the dogger then, they might get charged for tickets !

ittaika
    Free Member

“vigorously ransacking his dignity” – excellent expression

Cougar

“vigorously ransacking his dignity” – excellent expression

That must be one of the “nice wee bits” al spoke of.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware that it was heavily populated by doggers, cruisers, and odd men who lurk in bushes.

You mean you didn’t see any neds? Thats a result.

I used to ride (my bike) there at least once a week when I lived in the southside. There are some lovely wee bits though and its still worth a go. Last time I went for a walk up there it had been sanatised a fair bit with a wide ash path down the long descent/climb.

New windfarm has forestry/service roads only, not much fun really although I haven’t been up there for about a year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Went for a wee pedal @ Cathkin Braes after work…’ is closed to new replies.