Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Welsh trail centres-motorhome parking.
  • mattbee

Setting off in a few hours for a 2.5 week trip around Wales. Mix of walking, climbing and riding planned.
    I am already happy that we’ll get the motorhome into a few of the trail centre car parks (Llandegla, Coed y Brenin, Afan, Cwm Carn, BPW) but nothing sire on some of the smaller/quieter centres like Penmachno, Gwydyr Forest, Brechfa etc…

I know a few on here have motorhome a and big campers, any of you able to give me pointers of any to avoid/alternative parking?
    Not looking for camping options, literally just parking so we can ride. 6m ‘low profile’ coachbuilt so hardly the biggest vehicle but still big enough to worry about squeezing into small car parks and along single lane roads…

coatesy
    Free Member

Doubt you’ll have a problem at Gwyddyr or the Raven at Brechfa. Penmachno has a long and narrow car park, and the Gorlech at Brechfa has small bays, so you may have issues with those.

nickjb
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll struggle at any unless it is huge. Most will take a car with bikes on the roof so height shouldn’t be an issue. The car parks are usually pretty spacious too. Only places you might have issues is the extra, little mid trail car parks (that do make great wild camp spots). There are a few narrow roads but they are generally quiet and have passing places.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattbee

We’re 6.1m long (plus bike rack), 2.5m high and 2.2m wide (a bit more with mirror out).

reluctantjumper

Cwmcarn actually bans motorhomes from parking there according to the signs, doesn’t stop anyone though. Seen massive vans there taking up multiple spaces loads of times with awnings etc. Park sensibly and you should be ok.

Tracey

We have had ours at Afan, BPW and Coed y Brenin with no problems. 7.5 x 3 x 2.4

toofarwest

You’ll be fine at Brechfa (and Abergorlech) no height restrictions at either and loads of room.

100mph
    Free Member

Are you intending on camping overnight in the car parks too?

If so I’d be very nervous about leaving bikes on a rack outside at BPW and Cwm Carn, I’ve had mates have the under bed garages broken into and bikes nicked there!! On racks are a piece of piss to the bandits there 🙁

mattbee

No intention to overnight, have various sites booked/in mind. Just a case of knowing we aren’t going to attempt to get somewhere and have issues either getting in or parking given the size.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Welsh trail centres-motorhome parking.’ is closed to new replies.