Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Welsh trail Centres
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

Right then, I have this weekend off to spend somewhere in Wales. So which are the “Must Do” trail centres in Wales? We were thinking of Llandegla so what else is worth riding around that area? Looking at more fast flowy stuff rather than natural technical stuff as that’s what the Missus prefers. Preferably something she can bomb down and jump over. I’ll save the battered technical stuff for when I’m on my own.

And experience and help would be greatful

Tom. Kp

adrec
    Free Member

The Marins always worth a visit, bit longer than llandegla and more climbing

Klunk
    Free Member

So which are the “Must Do” trail centres in Wales?

Looking at more fast flowy stuff rather than natural technical stuff as that’s what the Missus prefers. Preferably something she can bomb down and jump over.

NantyArian

dirtydog
    Free Member

Any, they’re pretty much all the same (Sorrellised) with the possible exception of Penmachno, however if its jumps you want head to Llandegla.

binners

You can’t go far wrong with any of them. Llandegla is great, but as a contrast I bloody love Penmachno too. It’s Singletrack-tastic!

Northwind

dirtydog – Member

Any, they’re pretty much all the same (Sorrellised)

They’re really not 😕

dirtydog
    Free Member

I know, its a bit of a sweeping statement but I am getting a bit bored of them, I’m in need of something with a bit of adventure at the moment.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Llandegla is more of a bike park with a shop & a good cafe for the post ride food & drink,also there are different routes,plenty of options for doing jumps.Not been for a few years but the Marin trail’s good,very different to Llandegla

travellinjones
    Free Member

Thread hijack. I/we too plan to visit a Welsh trail centre en route from Fishguard ferry (SW corner) vaguely in direction of Newcastle…

First trail centre outside Scotland this’ll be. Requirements:

– Something blue and flowy for the missus.
    – Some red singletrack for me.
    – We won’t have our bikes with us so will need to hire – ideally from a shop on site.

Where should we go?

dirtydog
    Free Member

If you do the Marin or Penmachno you can hire bikes from Beics Betwys in Betwys y Coed , One planet Adventure run a hire scheme at Llandegla, not sure if Coed y Brenin does bike hire although I imagine they do.

P.S.
    There are no ‘on site’ facilities at Penmachno or The Marin although Betwys is just down the road.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Sounds like Penmachno will be saved for a day when the boss isn’t riding with me.
    Cheers

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Hi Tom, I am from the area. If you go to Llandegla try some of the stuff away from the trail center. You can do a full day out if you want to by linking up some sections towards the masts. There is also a new natural xc trail just opened, all natural and takes 2 days to ride!!! If you are interested ask for directions in the cafe. It gets busy at weekends so go early. Parking is £5. The coffee and food is great.
    As binners said, I love penmachno. Its a bit more “wild”, less trail center sort of stuff but it has no cafe. There is a pub that sells food and welcomes mtbers in the village tho. Enjoy.

Steve.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Im camping in Llandegla as i write and i like the sound of this new natural xc trail Steve, could you tell me more please mate? Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Welsh trail Centres’ is closed to new replies.