Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Wellie recommendations?
  • andyha
    Free Member

Black diamond, the ones with the yellow toe, great for me on site, come up on eBay now and again

Jerm

I searched and searched for wellies from cheap to expensive and ended up with £26 Town and Country ones that look like Hunters for the simple reason that they fit best. The problem is that as there is no adjustment on the fit other than thicker soles or insole, it doesn’t really matter if your wellies are cheap or expensive. Go for what fits best. I’ve had two pairs of Hunters previously but they eventually perished and cracked.

chestrockwell

Le Chameau Vierzonoord (non zip version).

This is what my wife and I got, her because some famous person had some, me because she said they were great and I was tired of wet feet after a month or two with £10-£40 wellies.

Couple of years in for me, 3 years for her and they are still like new, soles have plenty of life, still very comfy and no leaks. Used daily by myself for the big dog walk so can highly recommend. Seem to have gone up in price though, think ours were around £110.

Houns

Premier Icon
    dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Gumleaf – Norfolk version of Aigles, but cheaper and better made https://www.gumleaf.com/

Wider for the extra toes? (etc etc)

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Bookmarking

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wider for the extra toes?

High six!

Re zips, the folks I know here with zip versions have all got broken zips. Zips plus craggy chalk not a good mix!

andydt82

+1 Gumleaf. Super comfortable and warm (neoprene lined). Never found a pair of dunlop/decathlon etc. that fitted right.
    They do look like the price has gone up since I got mine a few years back, but hopefully the Vibram sole works better in snow/ice than the sole on mine, which is the only downside I’ve found.

iainc

Just ordered a pair of those Gumleaf ones, with the zip, look ideal

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Viking wellies. I just bought some and they are flat, no heel, e.g. zero drop if you’re into that kind of thing. They’re only mid calf height mind. Surprisingly warn despite today’s 0 degrees.

(The altra shoes of wellies basically ).

ferrals
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of muck boots for about 10 years, really comfy, use them a lot, they just started leaking over Christmas. Replaced with the Chore 2k muck boots, which are the new version of what I had. They were about £80

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hunter went pop and became a fashion brand, so did le chem last year. Production got moved, quality dropped etc etc

Kip

I got a pair of Barbour Tempest for Xmas and love them to bits! Neoprene lined, thick insulated sole, nicely fitted and so comfy and warm.
    Worn them loads since getting them for 2-4hrs and they are just lovely.
    I can’t speak for longevity but for the price (£79.99 in the sale) I hope they last a while.

chestrockwell

Hunter went pop and became a fashion brand, so did le chem last year. Production got moved, quality dropped etc etc

No idea if true but research suggests Le Chameau are still made in Casablanca where they have been since 1949. They did change hands recently though.

mlpinto
    Free Member

In the usual spirit of recommend what you have… Muckboots are great in my experience. Mine are a few years old, no leaks and I’ll happily walk 5 miles or so in them. Really warm too.

Keep an eye out for their sales. Pretty sure mine were half price.

Kato

I have Hunter Balmoral Field. 1st time I’d spent decent money on wellies and I wouldn’t go back to a cheap pair.

iainc

Well I tried the Gumleaf ones, and a pair of Aigle Parcours – both too baggy on the heel area and sent back.

I may treat myself to a birthday present of Dubarry ones, free returns too if they are also too big on the heel box .. 🙂

clubby

Decathlon neoprene lined. We’re still £70 but have been warm and cozy in the winter North Sea. Wee boy loves paddling in his short wellies so I always have to go deeper than him.
    Side feel flimsy compared to old rubber wellies but really warm and comfy.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Out of interest has anyone got on with Percussion wellies?
    I researched & asked my kids for some for Xmas as most said true to size, they were to big for me but look well made & were certainly warm in in my one mile sub zero walk, unfortunately I can’t send them back as the kids got rid os the outer packaging but I’m reluctant to try a whole size smaller as they will probably be to small.
    Why do wellies never come in half sizes?

nuke

It is potentially harder to get wellies with just the right fit but I just use sole inserts to improve the fit….in fact the last wellies I had I just took the sole inserts out of a pair of my old Spesh SPD shoes and stuck them in, given they were both the same size there was no cutting down of the inserts. Tried a few inserts from different shoes as insert thickness varied before settling on the Spesh inserts…..certainly worth a try before sending boots back. Can of course just buy new inserts for under a tenner. Or wear very thick socks 😄

Pieface

I’ve had the Decathlon 500 neoprene Solognac wellies. Used daily for dog walks through all but summer for the last 3 years. Also fine for walking for a couple of hours as well. Comfy and warm, decent rubber so no splitting

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Wellie recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.