Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Well the cops were on form today…
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Driving through an average 50mph stretch today after a ride, I’m doing about 53 indicated & slowly overtaking someone when I notice a white Merc Sprinter coming up behind, I pull over & he passes me at about 60 odd, I think ‘you’ll get told off for that’. A bit later a traffic car goes past at an even greater rate, no bells or whistles & I think ‘late for tea?’
    After the 50 stretch, two traffic cars pass me at what must’ve been 140mph & a bit later on i can see all three cars up ahead. Then minutes later another traffic car & an unmarked black BM X5 go past again at warp speed soon to be followed by three marked X5’s going at escape velocity. Bit later I notice a helicopter hovering near Dishforth & wonder if it’s the army or the feds. It’s the feds & all the cars that passed me have totally blocked the Merc van from going anywhere.
    See, you gotta be careful through those average cameras, I knew it would happen.
    love to know what that was all about.

jota180
    Free Member

I knew it would happen.
    love to know what that was all about.

Pretty sure I’ve seen them do that with a white van before on that stretch of the A1
    Could just be the North Yorks force training?

cynic-al
    Free Member

8 vehicle pursuit and chopper for speeding?

jam-bo

Feds? Is dishcloth in the USA?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

What are ‘The Feds’?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Maybe the light was on at Krispy Kreme?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Just found out,
    feds
    Slang term for police in England. Who knows why because it came from the FBI (Feds – Federal Bureau of Investigation) who are an AMERICAN law enforcement agency (tool of the government aha), NOT English. used by many ‘gangstas’ in England who seem to have identity confusion with Americans. Some would call them chavs.

davosaurusrex

*adds mitsumonkey to the list. *

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well anyway, ‘feds, bobbies, cops, the old Bill’ or whatever, there was loads of them & I’m sure they weren’t just practising!
    Might have been ‘sessioning’ though. 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well EGF, I think we can safely say it wasn’t the Pedantry Protection Unit out there today.

Junkyard
    Free Member

used by many ‘gangstas’ in England who seem to have identity confusion with Americans.

Ah thank god it is not used in NI , wales or scotland and you are not mistakenly saying england when you mean the UK

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The PSNI are a “federal” force?

jota180
    Free Member

It could have been the armed division of the Highway Officers, not to be messed with when you breakdown

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Stop arguing about all that crap, just find out why ‘the police force of North Yorkshire’ pulled the bliddy van will you! I’m dying to know, shall I phone Boroughbridge cop police station & ask them?

I reckon the van was full of snidey Nike tracksuits or something

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I know someone who’s done the occasional* blue light run at 130. He says the concentration is total, and the stress is unrelenting, because he knows that if anyone doing seventy carelessly pulls out into ‘his’ lane in front of him, there will probably be no survivors.

*Most recent was to a RTC, nasty, one still alive, just.

takisawa2

I’m amazed your not being hunted like a dog after admitting doing 53 in a 50 zone.

robdob
    Free Member

A friend of mine, after spending many years as a fast pursuit driver, now trains police drivers on the same. He’s recently been training a group to be high speed armed response drivers, who are the most desperate (probably a better word than that!) to get to an incident.
    He’s been doing it a few weeks, recently doing 140mph practice runs up the A1/M1 from Wakefield. Averaging 90mph apparantely from town centre to centre. He said not all of them pass and it takes very special skills to be able to do it properly.

bails

it takes very special skills to be able to do it properly.

Nonsense. All you need is an Orange 5 on the roof of your 2.7 tdi Audi and then you can make all the progress you want perfectly safely.

Harry_the_Spider

A mate of mine is a high speed armed response type. They do “hide and seek” style training exercises on public roads.

Alternatively this could have been a scumbag getting done.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I wonder what the public health benefits of the police doing 140 from town centre to town centre actually are? Surely if armed police need to be going at that speed, we should just be buying them Merlins to rappel out of of?

bearnecessities

There’s a bloke who’s a high speed armed response person. I don’t know him but I work with his wife and she is smokin’.

Not sure if this helps.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

There’s probably half a ton of kit in the big black beamer, Tom. Would you like to abseil with a gun safe strapped to your back?

The Tories just ‘rationalised’ the chopper fleet. Fewer, further away, longer travel = shorter loiter.

In the OP’s case, would you have them land on the roof of the Merc van, or on the road in front of it?

porlus
    Free Member

White van was probably full of fake team cycling kit.

rOcKeTdOg

Feds = 5-0 innit?

warton
    Free Member

I’ve done over 100 in my Honda. had a bike in the back as well.

Piece of piss man. anyone could do it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Meanwhile in Germany, BMWs and Merca bombing along the outside of two lanes at 140mph is a normal day…

cheez0
    Free Member

bearnecessities.. we’re still waiting for the pics..

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

There’s probably half a ton of kit in the big black beamer, Tom. Would you like to abseil with a gun safe strapped to your back?

Are the police so lazy that they can’t be **** to carry their boomsticks with a sling, like good old fashioned squaddies? A gun in a safe is no use what so **** ever if it all suddenly kicks off. :mrgreen:

In the OP’s case, would you have them land on the roof of the Merc van, or on the road in front of it?

Good point, but I thought the Spam policy now was to just watch cars/high speed chases with their helicopters and direct squad cars onto the target once it had slowed down because of all the ridiculous amounts of fatalities involved in their high speed chases.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But it does mean you can park the car and nip into Tesco’s for some lunch without handing all the guns over to any thief.

jamj1974

it takes very special skills to be able to do it properly.

Nonsense. All you need is an Orange 5 on the roof of your 2.7 tdi Audi and then you can make all the progress you want perfectly safely.

FFS! I am sick of these blatant lies! You need at least a 3.0tdi Bi-turbo…

Disclaimer: most bad Audi driving seems to correlate with the 2.0TDI models popular with fleets (Runs away and hides).

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Ever since I was little I’ve thought the coolest job is “Unmarked Supercar Estate Driving supercop”.

Probably considerably more to it than flying up motorways at warp speed, but that seems to be the best bit. Respect.

jota180
    Free Member

Ever since I was little I’ve thought the coolest job is “Unmarked Supercar Estate Driving supercop”.

I’d vote for Aerial Atom driver

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ariel/atom/87271/ariel-reveals-atom-police-car

slowoldgit
    Free Member

What does the little turquoise symbol mean?

kilo

It’s not as good as “sitting in dull looking car in town with stereo on, wind down window, stick the blue tit on roof, hit the sirens and go, Driving supercop” but easier to say.

shermer75
    Free Member

Feds = Federation Starship. The merc sprinter had strayed into the neutral zone.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

[quoteAre the police so lazy that they can’t be **** to carry their boomsticks with a sling, like good old fashioned squaddies? A gun in a safe is no use what so **** ever if it all suddenly kicks off. [/quote]

]Erm, no. There are certain rules within legislation that mean we can only deploy “armed” in certain circumstances.

So our vehicles have gun boxes in the rear where our “carbines” are stored. If it kicks off we always carry our sidearms. Its complicated.

:mrgreen:

jamj1974

cfinnimore – Member

A few weeks ago I had to ask a uniformed police officer why he was trying to get into my car. I asked him what he was doing and he replied he was going to get some equipment out for an armed colleague. I suggested he tried the almost identical Audi A6 parked a few cars down…

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Well the cops were on form today…’ is closed to new replies.