Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Well that's that then.
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Dad died 2.5 years ago, mum died earlier today (thanks lung cancer) just got back from the pub with my brothers, feeling shit, it was expected but still empty inside.

Pass me wine…

derp
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Raise a glass and celebrate the memories and the life led.

samuri
    Free Member

well that’s a bit shitty. Sorry to hear it dude.

mrchrispy

shitter mate…..big forum hug.

scaredypants

sorry to hear that m_f

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And Pringles – gonna need something to soak this sucker up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Condolences MF.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sympathies for your loss, grim news and chin up

Trampus
    Free Member

Tough, mf!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Even at forty-whatever-it-is that I am, I feel like a kid who has no-one to tell him what to do next.

Kevevs
    Free Member

no idea what to say. tough one xx

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry dude. Shit news. Thought you’d been quiet.

Nothing to say to make you feel better. It’s a shit few days. Expected or not, it’s still shit. Can only say I hope you all start to feel better soon.

sweepy
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss. Remember the good times, it really does help IME.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

YGM Winegums.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah DD – been busy with hospital visits (mum and doctors) as well as trying to keep on top of work. If it wasn’t for my little girls running in (and falling over spectacularly) to see me tonight after not seeing them much all week I think I might have imploded.

Bregante

Sorry to hear that. My wife lost her mum when she (my wife) was 15. Shit relationship with her Dad who told her he couldn’t cope with a kid and put her into fostering. Only 2 years ago she got back in touch with him but he passed away at the start of this year. Even though she had 20 odd years without a parent, the realisation that she was no longer a “daughter” hit her incredibly hard. No real point to this but you and your brothers have my deepest sympathies.

Drac

My deepest sympathies.

Your the Dad now, time to pass the teachings, love and happiness that your parents gave you on to your 2 girls.

Kevevs
    Free Member

just stand up and carry on somehow. this is what stw is for mate 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Drac – I hope to whatever god their may be that I can be half the parent my mum and dad were to me. Utterly devastated that my girls won’t ever remember either of them though. The rest I can swallow.

maxray
    Free Member

🙁 sorry to hear that m_f , a cliche but time is a healer, I haven’t lost parents yet but lost a new born and it will get easier. Be glad for the years you had with them.

NZCol

Even at forty-whatever-it-is that I am, I feel like a kid who has no-one to tell him what to do next.

Same here, an odd feeling. Not much to say really other than don’t beat yourself up for feeling sad/angry/lost – it’s all part of it. Look at your kids and remember that they need you for all their learnings.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

She did look peaceful today though – clearly better than the confusion and pain she had recently.

Drac

There’s that too. At times death can be a blessing. Your kids will have your parents love passed on through you. I never knew my Dad’s dad but my Dad taught me things her learnt from him. And talked about him all the time, still does. My love of photography was partly inspired by photos from him as he was a photographer on the side.

They will live on in your memories that you pass on.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I feel like a kid who has no-one to tell him what to do next.

Listen. Listen within yourself. Listen carefully.

Yer mum will always be there, telling you what to do. Telling you off. All of that.

She will. Always.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Still, I feel for my kid brother – I have my wife and girls as does my ‘big’ brother. Paul has just himself. Ohhhhhh fuckarse.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Right – **** off to bed… Head feels marginally clearer for this…

Kevevs
    Free Member

xxxxxx

racefaceec90

am sorry to hear that mf.my view is that energy doesn’t die it only changes form (from my limited grasp of physics) when i visit my grandparents at avebury church,they may not be physically here anymore,but i totally believe that they are here still.i wish you all the best mate.

nonk
    Free Member

no pain for her now mf, she will allways be with you, if you dont believe me just wait till the next time you are about to do something you know is wrong.
    all the best man.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nothing I can say,nothing I can do. I’m sorry.

some wise words from people on this thread.

Time will help and will give you perspective. Be calm, be content, be accepting. It happens

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

My condolences MF.

donsimon
    Free Member

Serious bummer, my condolences to you and your family.
    Be strong.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news time will take the edge off, deep breath and be the best you can for your kids.

molgrips
    Free Member

Condolences and all. But I had cause to think about this a few years ago. Parents never really die, they live on in their kids.

geoffj

geoffj

Shit news MF – try and take some time out to remind yourself of the good times.

convert

Bad news. We spoke a little on here about your mum back in Jan when my father learnt he had stage 4 lung cancer. I’m dreading what you are going through right now.

Best of luck for the next few weeks.

mogrim

My condolences, mastiles_fanylion.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just shed the tear for you, can’t imagine the real awfulness of your situation. I wish I could say something intelligent and sensible bit all that’s coming out of my head is sadness.
    Give your little ones a kiss, a hug, another kiss, talk to them, even when they sleep. You’re a great father, make sure of that.
    I’ll lit up a candle for her.
    R.I.P. m_f’s Mum.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

🙁

Keep half an eye on your younger brother for a few months.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Well that's that then.’ is closed to new replies.