Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Well that was cathartic..
  • Alex

A few times I’ve posted an ancient blog post from 2007 listing the many, many bikes I’d owned since re-finding MTBing back in 2002. I felt it was time for an update

there were a few more

I honestly thought I was mostly cured. Looking at that list, I might have to accept ‘partially cured’ 😉

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Ha! I enjoyed that. Some very natty observations that have haunted my bicycle fetish also. N+1 doesn’t even been to explain it!

Alex

I’ve had N+1, N-1, N+’quite a lot’. Now I’ve just given up really. The way I sell it to my long suffering wife is it could be a whole lot worse; fishing, star trek, model railways, etc. If you’re going to have an obsession at least make it an interesting one. I’m not sure she’s entirely won over by that argument 😉

mattbibbings
    Free Member

I also canoe and kayak and a friend of mine in that world has a policy of only buying in red. Red boats, red drysuits, red everything. That way, he says, his dear wife cannot tell what’s new and whats old. Just lots of red boats and stuff. Pretty cunning I think.

samuri
    Free Member

You’re sick!
    You need help. I prescribe another bike. Repeat when required.

Alex

Hello Jon 🙂 Obviously you’re at the other end of the scale riding every bike you’ve ever owned into swarf-dom. This makes me feel I lack commitment. Another bike tho? funny how we’re thinking the same thing!

samuri
    Free Member

I want a 29er

Alex

I’d lend you mine, but I’m pretty sure it’d come back in a body bag 😉

Alex

I forgot 2

Okay 14 since 2007. And about 20 before. Even I accept that’s “quite a lot” 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered my first new frame since 2007, which was insurance time. Probably 2006 or so the last time I bought a bike on a whim.

Since 2007 the only things besides consumables has been one set of forks and a new bar for the road bike.

slackalice
    Free Member

Hey Alex, the other possible alternative to your bike collection fetish could be an affair…. I’m sure your good lady wife will buy that one?! 🙂

Alex

I’ll probably not offer that up as a comparison! I do think the bike train is slowing down. A bit. But one new bike since 2007? Does. Not. Compute!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Well that was cathartic..’ is closed to new replies.